Pop sound from front left when using 4a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say 1/3 power. Imagine coming to a complete stop to make a left turn. When accelerating and making the left turn about 1/2 way through the turn it will pop.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked the front diff mounting bolts? Just a thought. Bad a truck of a different brand name a similar sound and that's what it was.

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to throw it up on the rack after work on Tuesday and take a peek to see if I can see anything out of the ordinary.

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m currently sitting at the dealership again. Service manager is will in to pay his tech for another hour of diag time to trouble shoot this sound. They’ve have my truck for the entire month of January so I don’t know what one more hour is going to do. I even test drive another gen2 with the tech and it doesn’t make the noise that my truck is making. I’m still waiting for ford customer care to get back to me. This has got to be the worst customer experience I’ve ever had.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
How magnanimous of the service manager.

My response would be something like this.

As my Drill Sergeant was fond of saying, that is the WRONG (expletive deleted) ANSWER (Private). In order to establish the correct answer, we need to establish a mutual understanding of customer expectations, which I must say, have not been met in this repair engagement. We have successfully proven that the noise exhibited 1) is not normal 2) may portend driveline faults which could pose a long term durability concern, and possibly safety concerns 3) and that there has been a lackluster effort to ensure customer satisfaction.

Dissatisfied customers are less likely to be repeat customers. I will be sharing my position on this issue with both Ford customer service and Ford Performance, who rightly should know that this dealership enterprise does not have my best interest at heart, and this will directly affect my future purchase decisions.

In the immediacy, I expect this truck to be given priority over other repairs until a correct analysis is achieved. How long that takes you is relevant to me in the terms of the time I am without my truck but not in the least relevant to me as to how much time you deign to grant your tech.

Now, fix the m*ther f*cking truck. Please.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m currently sitting at the dealership again. Service manager is will in to pay his tech for another hour of diag time to trouble shoot this sound. They’ve have my truck for the entire month of January so I don’t know what one more hour is going to do. I even test drive another gen2 with the tech and it doesn’t make the noise that my truck is making. I’m still waiting for ford customer care to get back to me. This has got to be the worst customer experience I’ve ever had.
Just relax, up here they have free coffee and donuts at the dealerships, get fat while you are waiting, if you can! Hopefully they do a vacuum test or redo the procedure like @FordTechOne has memorized and mentioned so many times. Too bad you couldn't get him to work on your Raptor.

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to relax when you have no idea what’s going on. I’m currently waiting for ford customer care to call me back. Tech drove my truck and informed me that the noise sounds the same. Leaving truck at dealership for them to work on next week. I couldn’t ask my service writer anything as she stepped out for lunch.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s hard to relax when you have no idea what’s going on. I’m currently waiting for ford customer care to call me back. Tech drove my truck and informed me that the noise sounds the same. Leaving truck at dealership for them to work on next week. I couldn’t ask my service writer anything as she stepped out for lunch.
I know, just trying to lighten up your mood. See if the tech that changed your iwe can tell you how he did the repair, see if he mentions putting the iwe in a vacuum first during install, something like that anyway, as per @FordTechOne .

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did talk to the tech. He said you can’t damage an IWE during install. Ford customer care reaches out to the dealership and was informed that they were not done diagnosing the problem. FCC has submitted for technical assistance for my concern. So now I’m with out my truck, no loaner, and no rental. This will be the start of week 6 at the dealership. The service writer went on lunch and never called me back. This has been the worst experience I’ve had with a dealership. I work at a Honda dealership and can’t imagine treating a customer like this. I guess we’ll see what happens next week.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did talk to the tech. He said you can’t damage an IWE during install. Ford customer care reaches out to the dealership and was informed that they were not done diagnosing the problem. FCC has submitted for technical assistance for my concern. So now I’m with out my truck, no loaner, and no rental. This will be the start of week 6 at the dealership. The service writer went on lunch and never called me back. This has been the worst experience I’ve had with a dealership. I work at a Honda dealership and can’t imagine treating a customer like this. I guess we’ll see what happens next week.
If only that were true. From what you’ve stated, it’s sounds highly likely that the IWE was damaged during installation.

Unfortunately dealers are franchises; they love to state that they’re “independently owned and operated” any time they’re selling a vehicle above MSRP, but as soon as there’s an issue, they blame the manufacturer and claim they can’t help. It’s a one way street.

Larger Dealerships are often owned by dealer groups, which means you’ll find the same bad practices across the brands that the dealer group owns.

I would ask Ford customer care to send the engineer back out; if it’s not fixed, they need to circle back.