Pop or clunk when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot Drone

Reaction score
2019 Raptor with 32k miles, I occasionally get a pop or clunk sound from the front passenger side when turning at almost full lock. Is this considered normal or should I take the Raptor in? My local dealerships are weeks out on appointments and I honestly hate going back to the dealership. Anything I can check for myself?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could be IWE related, can you jack that side of the truck up and take the wheel off and look for signs of rubbing. Then check and see if you can spin the wheel with the truck running in park, make sure the front axle isn't spinning. Make sure you are in 2h Park. Then swap over to the other side and do the same. May need the tire on to spin easier.

OP
OP
Patriot Drone

Patriot Drone

Reaction score
Could be IWE related, can you jack that side of the truck up and take the wheel off and look for signs of rubbing. Then check and see if you can spin the wheel with the truck running in park, make sure the front axle isn't spinning. Make sure you are in 2h Park. Then swap over to the other side and do the same. May need the tire on to spin easier.

James Min

Reaction score
check if all the bolts are torqued correctly, i had a similar problem if you can check out my post. it turned out to be a mistorqued bolt in the steering shaft.