Poly beads for tire balance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
517111-breaking-bad

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I ask is because if these really do work then you wouldn't have to remove the old weights

You don't HAVE to remove the old weights, but if you follow the guidelines for weight & installation, you don't NEED to have them on. The beads can balance the tire perfectly w/o them, so why leave them on to possibly cause a balance issue?

Banned
Reaction score
Are there weights that go on the outside of the wheel or something? You guys keep mentioning looks. Mine are on the inside. Invisible. I thought they were all like that, no?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are there weights that go on the outside of the wheel or something? You guys keep mentioning looks. Mine are on the inside. Invisible. I thought they were all like that, no?

There are both. Some clip onto the side of the wheel by the tire. Some are stuck on the inside of the wheel towards the outside edge and some are on the inside the wheel on the inside edge.

raptrcrzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There are both. Some clip onto the side of the wheel by the tire. Some are stuck on the inside of the wheel towards the outside edge and some are on the inside the wheel on the inside edge.

Yeah it depends on a lot of things. First your wheels needs to be balanced (usually done in the factory), usually on the inside of the wheel there are stick on weights (sometimes you can see them in the pockets of the spokes, or on the inside flat edge, some are just mounted like normal bead weights). Then when the tire mechanic balances them with a tire, depending on how the tire rotates (can be off on the inside or outside) you add weights to make it spin smooth. its like a helicopter: with one rotor it would shake all over the place. so you add another to the oposite side and it spins evenly. same concept.