Please Help Me Decide Between 17s and 20s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

galan.kelley

Reaction score
I’d personally stay with the 17’s. In my past experience, I’ve have 37’s on 22’s and 35’s on 20’s. I can honestly say, you will be giving up quiet a bit of comfort and performance. I’d stick with the 17’s or even an 18 wouldn’t be bad, but any bigger will decrease your performance. I changed the 22’s down to 18’s and it made a huge difference in the ride quality. Also, make sure your going with a reputable shop to install the C.A.S., I have the same set up and I’m not a big fan. The ride is extremely stiff, especially if you set the threads at the 1 9/16” (per the directions, if my memory serves me right) and you have to bleed off the nitrogen and install a schrader valve to refill. I tried the 200 psi like the instructions called for, but had to take it down to 150 psi and lowered the collar some to get a better ride. I say this not to discourage you, just sharing my experience based on my preferences and I typically drive 80k - 100k miles per year with at least 40% of those miles off road for my day job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one big advantage for 20's is you can use brembos and other high end calipers. The 17s are a bit too restrictive. For mostly offroad, 17s are the best.

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
I had the same crisis as you a couple of months ago. I went with the 17s. They look absolutely awesome in person.

thumbnail_image1.jpg

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly much prefer the look of 20s.

But I went it’s the 17s because I’m not trying to impress javelinas and mountain lions. :smile: