Planning Out a SQ Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naamanf

Reaction score
In the planning/purchasing stage of a modest SQ system.

So far it looks like a Pac AP4-FD-21 via toslink to a Helix DSP, to a (probably) JL HD/XD 5ch amp, to Sinfoni 2 way active front stage, and ???? sub/subs.

Goal is to hopefully be able to squeeze it all in behind the rear seats with the sub/subs possibly under the seats.

More as it hopefully comes together.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty similar to mine. Went with that' PAC adapter and toslink to an Audio Control DM-810 and then to a JL HD900/5 actively to Dynaudio components. Running a JL 12TW3-D4 under the back seat. All the amps, dsp and distribution blocks behind the back seat.

OP
OP
N

naamanf

Reaction score
Pretty similar to mine. Went with that' PAC adapter and toslink to an Audio Control DM-810 and then to a JL HD900/5 actively to Dynaudio components. Running a JL 12TW3-D4 under the back seat. All the amps, dsp and distribution blocks behind the back seat.

Nice, any tips on the PAC adapter?

I'm torn on amps, trying decide between the JL HD or a Alpine PDX. I'm guessing you built a box for the 12TW3?

How did you fit that Esotar tweeter in the A pillar :biggrin:

gotstocks

Reaction score
I thought the point of the PAC piece is to eliminate the need for a DSP. I just had mine installed today, eliminated the need for the CleanSweep that I had in my Lariat previously. All connected to 5 channel JL amp, Audison Voce in front, Hertz HCX 165 in the rear, sealed JL sub beneath rear passenger side seat. Same set up I had in my Lariat, sounds awesome.

OP
OP
N

naamanf

Reaction score
I thought the point of the PAC piece is to eliminate the need for a DSP. I just had mine installed today, eliminated the need for the CleanSweep that I had in my Lariat previously. All connected to 5 channel JL amp, Audison Voce in front, Hertz HCX 165 in the rear, sealed JL sub beneath rear passenger side seat. Same set up I had in my Lariat, sounds awesome.

Not really, especially in a all active system like I'm planning. It has not crossover, time alignment, and a very limited EQ.

OP
OP
N

naamanf

Reaction score
Next part arrived. DSP.2
This should get done about the time Gen 3s come out.

fb5fb822c9854961710b4f8309af24f1.jpg

Last edited: