Pics of my 2013 Black Housing HIDs w/ EvoX-R/55w/5000k/Amber LEDs/Lamin-x Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been wanting 2013 lights for a while now. I wasn't a fan of the gray ones that come in the 2013+ Raptor stock. The 2010-2012 had black accent headlights, I don't get why on '13+ they made it gray housing, looks too plasitcy to me. So I got a set of black housing '13 HID lights to keep with the factory blacked light theme. Scored them on ebay for $200 each! Both had 1 half broken mounting hole at the top, which is no big deal because 1/2 the hole is still there so that bolt still clamps down, and there's 2 other bolts holes on each light anyway, so they're plenty secure. I'll gladly take a $800 discount on lights for a half broken mounting hole LOL.

With that $800+ that I saved over buying a new OEM set, I sent them out to Dawson at Raptor Retrofit for further upgrades, so in the end my out of pocket cost is what a new OEM set would cost, but with all sorts of goodies and upgrades!

-EvoX-R projectors instead of the stockers
-55w ballasts instead of stocker 35w
-5000k bulbs instead of stocker 4300k
-Amber whisker LEDs

I also had clear-bra on my stock lights, so they literally still look brand spanking new after 22k miles. For these lights I ordered Lamin-x tinted film. Unfortunately I screwed up the drivers side piece and had to peel it off, so only the passenger side is tinted in these pics lol. It's driving me NUTS and I can't wait for the replacement drivers piece to get here! I couldn't wait to put the lights on though so I stuck them on even though 1 isn't tinted yet lol. It made for a good side by side comparison though, the lights are SO bright, that the really light tint doesn't affect the output at all. It's just enough to give the light a slight smoked look, not enough to get me pulled over or dimish output.

I'll get more pics once with the SLR camera once I get the drivers light tint done again so they match. In the mean time, I can't hold out, here's the pics! :smiley-face-popcorn

Attachments

• HIDs02.jpg
    HIDs02.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 93
  • HIDs03.jpg
    HIDs03.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 92
  • HIDs04.jpg
    HIDs04.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 89
  • HIDs05.jpg
    HIDs05.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 95
  • HIDs06.jpg
    HIDs06.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
Reptar

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got LED parking light bulbs and LED turn signal bulbs. With the turn signal housing paint matched to the headlight housing, they aren't very bright any more. I just ordered different LED ones to try out with CREE LEDs and a projector lense on the end that will hopefully be brighter.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I've ran the black FX4 2013 housings (used, bare for $300 shipped for both) for a while, but recently decided I wanted the "true" Raptor 2013 housings (again used).

Both pairs I did a headlight restore and looked 98% new. I honestly changed from the FX4 to the Raptor ones because I decided to leave the charcoal color fenders and bumpers and not wrap them in satin black.

Also I retrofitted some Morimoto 55w D2S bulbs and ballast. This allowed me not to have to open the lights up. I used a H13 Morimoto harness to plug it all up. Factory look, with 55w pure white lights... Win-Win and cost less than just one stock 2013 headlight! :)