Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the B&O system in your truck? If so, you'll probably want to pick up the following from NAV-TV. https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT889/zen-a2b-dsp12a-a2b.html, Complete AMP replacement. I have one but am putting off the project until it get's cooler than 100+ and ridicuhumidity here in Central Texas.

No, I've got a 2017. Sony system. Good idea to wait for cooler weather. I would absolutely do the same if I was doing the audio install myself (and new what I was doing).

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TJ Argento
Check settings code is 666888 to get in.
Make sure cams are set to VGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m trying to install my radio in my truck with the 800a sync and the harness Phoenix includes doesn’t match any of my OEM harness’s. I didn’t get any instructions but I presume this harness is supposed to plug into either the screen or the or the sync module. Can anyone verify this is the proper harness for the base raptor with normal sync and the 4” screen

CA64059E-99C1-4B2E-846D-067042468A3C.jpeg

Brad_hartpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Linkswell unit? I want to pull the trigger on one of these Tesla style radios but all the issues with the Phoenix units posted has me a bit gun shy.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I’m trying to install my radio in my truck with the 800a sync and the harness Phoenix includes doesn’t match any of my OEM harness’s. I didn’t get any instructions but I presume this harness is supposed to plug into either the screen or the or the sync module. Can anyone verify this is the proper harness for the base raptor with normal sync and the 4” screen

I can't verify that it's the right harness for you, but I'm doubtful there's a different harness than the 802A model. The smaller white end should connect to a decoder box that came with the unit. The larger white end should connect to the PX6. The two t-harness ends should connect to the brain/head unit/CD player. You'll have to unscrew the 4 bolts holding that unit in to access the back. Unplug the two black cables and then place the t harnesses between them.

Again, I don't have 800A, so I could be wrong. But if you haven't looked at the back of the head unit yet, that's likely what you're missing.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 128601

Iirc, the top 2 connectors in your pic plug in between the OEM CD player connector and the CD player. The small white one into the CANBUS box, the big white one into the back of the PX6. The bottom 2 will plug between the Sync OEM connector and the Sync module.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys! I’ll try again. I did not remove the CD player so that’s definitely a possibility. I did not realize the CD player was the brains. I assumed the sync module was the main controller for the infotainment and that connector definitely did not work.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the two issues I currently want to resolve are:

microphone not working: The mic through Sync 3 works fine, but the PX6 mic is not. I looked at the troubleshooting on the Phoenix site and the settings they recommend fiddling with don't seem to apply to the version I have. I think I'll be creating a ticket with them in the next few days.

Cameras cutting off audio: I assume this is just the way it is. Everyone else have this issue? Whenever the cameras come on screen, whatever app is playing audio loses focus. I don't know that that's something can be fixed through an update.

Unrelated...I'm a bit nervous as I'm about to drop the truck off tonight for an audio upgrade. I have no idea how the new amp is going to connect to the system. But, hopefully the experts do.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is only one company making a PX6 tablet that retains the factory sync system. That’s phoenix. If linkswell was an option, you’d have heard about it.

This radio is not for someone who isn’t a tech savvy, computer fiddling type. If you want a radio to just work out of the box, install in 15 minutes, and operate with the sans simplicity as oem. This isn’t it.

I will tell you the radio works FLAWLESSLY for me. It’s an amazing upgrade and I could never go back to the factory antiquated hardware.

I stress though.... you don’t want this radio if you aren’t tech savvy. And by tech savvy I don’t mean having the latest apple phone and proficiency with Word. I mean you’ve built your own PCs. You’re the guy people call when their computer breaks. The IT department calls you when they’re stuck...

You get the drift. Just my opinion... I think some of the frustrations come from expectations and end user comfort.

Same here that’s why I asked if anyone has tried any other brands before I buy one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts