Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery terminal reset didn’t work. Swapped the wires and still nothing. I think it’s just dead.

Update: I put my PX3 back in and it worked fine so I guess the PX6 is dead.

Last edited:

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity for those who don’t have sync 3 where are you guys routing the included PX6 GPS antenna? Is under the dash ok? I don’t want to have to drill through my roof to mount it up top

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something odd happened, started my car and all of a sudden heat came on full blast couldn't use the buttons to stop it.. nothing worked... So I turned off the car, hit soft reset hole.. and now it works but my buttons stopped responding to a/c I have to use the touch screen

Not too sure what happened ... I'll try to to a full format again later this week

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as the question regarding GPS, I believe I connected the OEM GPS to sync, and the new PX GPS to the PX6. I haven't seen any issues with navigation from within SYNC or the PX6.

How is everyone using the mic? I did not install the mic or the speaker that came with it, intended to use the OEM mic for SYNC( which works fine I think) and the mic on the front of the tablet for PX6. However, it doesn't seem like that mic is turned on. Both Alexa and Google Assistant can't hear me. I did not find any settings to turn the mic on/off.

If you did install the mic, where did you place it where it's effective but not visible? That thing is ugly. I will likely open it up again to add it as I also need to make a minor fix to the AC. The passenger side knob is loose. Functional but loose. I don't want to open it back up until I have enough reasons to do so.

Other than the mic issue, here are the other issues I see. All of these are minor that I can live with, but wish they would be addressed. Probably more to add later.

- The upper menu bar just looks ugly to me. The icons look random, no real color scheme or theme.
- The upper menu bar icons are mostly useless to me. I need the ability to switch them out and move them around based on my needs.
- The list of apps isn't very functional. I can place in the order I want like you can on a regular tablet. Half the space is wasted with their system apps, which I don't really use.
- The volume level toggle is way over on the right side of the screen (bottom menu) . And small. I want it closer to me. It would also be cool if I could swipe left/right to toggle between AC and radio controls. Or perhaps various combinations based on what I like best. I'd rather just show the current temp setting only with a big volume slidder, for example.
- The two menus, top and bottom need to be able to be removable. It's not a problem in most cases, but I've noticed that some apps are built to utilize the entire space, and this images are cut off in order to accomdate. Amazon music is a good example. Album art is cut in half. Other apps are written to adjust properly. Perhaps something Amazon should fix...but that's not going to happen.
- The stretched image for the SYNC pass through window and backup camera's have got to go. I'd rather have an accurate image than utilize the full space. Is this an option I'm missing.
- And I have two complaints about the screen itself. It's horrible with glare, and can't be seen with polarized glasses. I'm getting used to the glare, and got some non-polarized glasses. I can deal with it, but sometihng I really hope the handle in the next version.

All that said, I'm quite happy over all with the unit. Although it would be better if the plastic edging was a little nicer, and matched the other plastics in the interior, it's nice enough and clean looking. It's very fast when reading local files or a good wifi connection. The screen itself looks great. The sound improvement is noticeable. Much easier to access streaming services and select specific playlists and tracks over picking something on the phone or through android auto. It really works well on certain apps that make sense in an auto. Say the chick-fil-a app. You can start your order as your driving to pick it up, with passenger being easily able to select what they want. That could be even more useful as restaurant apps go online more and more. I also like it for smart home control. I can turn on lights, and pull on cameras etc.

TJ ARGENTO

Reaction score
I just installed my PX6 yesterday. I am definitely working through some issues, maybe on me, maybe not? Any help from someone who has experienced some of these would be great! First, I have 360 cameras on my 2019 SCREW. When in reverse it doesn't show any picture, as well as dont know how to turn on 360 cameras if even possible. Next is, I dont get any sound from any apps. I do have sound from internet web page, radio, etc, just not any apps. A friend of mine did most of the install so Im not sure he even installed the microphone or speaker, he didnt think they were needed but I do know the tablet doesnt hear me talk to it, and the phone conversation sound quality is terrible. I will try and call tech support but thought someone out there may have worked through some of these already. Thank you in advance,

-T.J.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed my PX6 yesterday. I am definitely working through some issues, maybe on me, maybe not? Any help from someone who has experienced some of these would be great! First, I have 360 cameras on my 2019 SCREW. When in reverse it doesn't show any picture, as well as dont know how to turn on 360 cameras if even possible.

Do you mean the reverse camera as well as the 360 camera view? That sounds like a connection problem. Either your friend didn't connect the camera, or he connected it to the sync and not the PX6 itself (I think). You might try turning on 'console' and seeing if the cameras show up there. Really, this should work just as did before, except on a bigger

Next is, I dont get any sound from any apps. I do have sound from internet web page, radio, etc, just not any apps.

I noticed this at first as well. It looked like if I went from audio through the console, to an app, the system wouldn't know to transfer audio to the app. If I went to browse, it did. i could then switch to an app and get sound. I haven't notice this anymore, but I'm not going to the console much either.

A friend of mine did most of the install so Im not sure he even installed the microphone or speaker, he didnt think they were needed but I do know the tablet doesnt hear me talk to it, and the phone conversation sound quality is terrible.

I didn't install these either. I believe I am still using sync for the phone, and am not having any issues with phone quality. The tablet doesn't respond to voice commands though, so I think I do need to attach the mic. Not sure where I'm going to attach that ugly thing yet. It looks like it's a simple mic, so maybe I'll pickup something that looks a little better.

Unrelated to the above, I'm looking at putting in an aftermarket radio in the next week or two. When installing, I didn't really think to look about how that would be done. I kind of assumed that a new amp would just use the same connection as the old amp. That doesn't appear to be the case. Does anyone recall what RCA outputs are on the back of the PX6. The 4 channels+ sub? Just 4 channels?

TexZen

Reaction score
Unrelated to the above, I'm looking at putting in an aftermarket radio in the next week or two. When installing, I didn't really think to look about how that would be done. I kind of assumed that a new amp would just use the same connection as the old amp. That doesn't appear to be the case. Does anyone recall what RCA outputs are on the back of the PX6. The 4 channels+ sub? Just 4 channels?

Do you have the B&O system in your truck? If so, you'll probably want to pick up the following from NAV-TV. https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT889/zen-a2b-dsp12a-a2b.html, Complete AMP replacement. I have one but am putting off the project until it get's cooler than 100+ and ridicuhumidity here in Central Texas.