Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try pulling negative off the battery wait a minute put back on. Easier than pulling it and worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derrick Anderson

Reaction score
so I have it installed and working to what is normal. I have noticed there are couple things that seem different. I got the screen to reverse and they seemed to have adjusted the rearview screens to side by side like stock. I notice all the doors also show on the little screen if they are open, I remember someone saying that wasnt the case before. now the question I have is how do I add youtube or netflix so I can watch those if I decide to?

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any of the google apps? There is a setting to enable google apps.

Derrick Anderson

Reaction score
when I do a search on the google search screen through the main menu search. I can see google play store is installed. I just can't find where all the apps are. not sure how to find or if there is a "home screen"

I also saw I have MCU version 9727

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I do a search on the google search screen through the main menu search. I can see google play store is installed. I just can't find where all the apps are. not sure how to find or if there is a "home screen"

I also saw I have MCU version 9727
Top menu where it says apps touch that should bring up a screen that has the google play store app on the right and system apps on the left. Touch google store app choose an app it will download and appear on the right side where the google play store app is located. Repeat with more apps.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try pulling negative off the battery wait a minute put back on. Easier than pulling it and worth a shot.

No luck after pulling the negative terminal. Pulled the unit and checked connections. The airbag lights still work, and I still can hear the radio, but the screen just doesn’t turn on. Now I’m trying to decide if I want to swap any of the cables out. I didn’t use any that came with the PX4 other than the canbus box.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No luck after pulling the negative terminal. Pulled the unit and checked connections. The airbag lights still work, and I still can hear the radio, but the screen just doesn’t turn on. Now I’m trying to decide if I want to swap any of the cables out. I didn’t use any that came with the PX4 other than the canbus box.

Just today I was messing with the settings for the Zlink (built in CarPlay) trying to do the program button thing in the settings and was disconnecting and connecting the usb from the Phoenix unit back to the sync usb inputs and the unit freaked out and went black. It acted just like you are describing I could hear music playing but screen was black. I tried turning off the key waiting till everything powered down (sensor screen goes off on gauge cluster)and it was still black. Finally waited till it powered down again disconnected negative waited 1 min then reconnected it and everything came back up again. I have had to do this twice so far but both times it came back up. Sorry your having trouble Sucks. I too used the existing wires from my px3 for my px6 only changing the canbus.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just today I was messing with the settings for the Zlink (built in CarPlay) trying to do the program button thing in the settings and was disconnecting and connecting the usb from the Phoenix unit back to the sync usb inputs and the unit freaked out and went black. It acted just like you are describing I could hear music playing but screen was black. I tried turning off the key waiting till everything powered down (sensor screen goes off on gauge cluster)and it was still black. Finally waited till it powered down again disconnected negative waited 1 min then reconnected it and everything came back up again. I have had to do this twice so far but both times it came back up. Sorry your having trouble Sucks. I too used the existing wires from my px3 for my px6 only changing the canbus.

My truck was off from Friday to this afternoon when I tried pulling the battery cable, but I’ll give it another shot.