Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked Shaggy (mod) if we can get something pinned and how to go about it. This way we don’t work on something for nothing. :). I’ll let you guys know when I get a reply.
Wow .. I guess that's what makes this such a great forum.

I haven't ordered mine yet but that would definitely help us new guys.

Just wanted to say thank you for the effort and the offer to do it.

Great gesture!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That last move did it HOLY MOLY.
I am back to the f150 with the console again and my original problem (index stopping)is gone. I am missing my CarPlay app for my built in CarPlay but I am very happy to be back to this point. Thank you so very much for your patience Jonnie510.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky I tried it and mine is still the same..

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We should put together an install guide with a FAQ and Q&A. Maybe we can get it pinned to the top.

Any takers on folks who want to assist with it?

Since Phoenix is sending these things out without any instructions/documentation, and their videos are not organized or that ideal...it's essential.

What we should do is put the information together, let Phoenix know about it, then ask them to donate to the forum to get access to it.

Probably the biggest thing that slowed me down was not knowing how each of the different wires/harnesses disconnected. If you've never done this sort of thing, or haven't done it in 20 years, it's not that intuitive. You end up pulling on something for 10 minutes because you're not pinching in the right place. Or a hardness isn't connected because it didn't click in, while that other wire doesn't click at all.

It would also be good at what stages of the process is a good time to test different things, so that you don't have to backtrack. I'll actually have to disassemble mine again one day as the passenger side temp knob is lose. Something I could have checked right after I put on the plastic backing piece, but didn't think too.

As far as issues with my install, I haven't played with it enough to know for sure. I need to do some more configuration to know whether something's an issue or not. One thing I played around with was the Amazon app, and that had mixed results. It worked prefect at first, but then it looked like it lost internet connection, even though other apps were fine. After stopping and restarting the car, the connection issue went away, but I got no sound, but other apps were giving me sound

I also tried to use Amazon Alexa and it looked like it didn't here. That may be because I didn't setup the mic that came with the radio. But then, I got phone call through the rado over bluetooth (not through sync) and it worked fine. The other person could hear me. Maybe it was using the mic on my phone? Don't think so. Perhaps it's a permissions issue.

Anyway, the screen looks good, though there is some glare, and I can't see it with polarized glasses. The sound quality is a noticeable improvement. Don't like that the audio cuts off when the cameras come on.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'm reloading the px6 now with the files in root, and gonna try do factory reset after

Again
I only put the 2 xml files on my usb stick(no other files at all)then simply pressed the factory reset in the settings. I was thinking how is this gonna work without loading the px6.zip file and including these with it but it did. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We should put together an install guide with a FAQ and Q&A. Maybe we can get it pinned to the top.

Any takers on folks who want to assist with it?
I can take notes and pics when I install mine - since this will be the 2nd time, I'm pretty familiar with it.