Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like MCU 54 fixed my random flashing of the SYNC screen as well as fixing the backup camera freezing before it was fully booted up

ShawnJ

Reaction score
This is a great thread but it is long! Been searching around looking for answers and can’t find them so if anyone can help that would be awesome!

I have the fast boost PX6 in a 2018 800A (4in screen) below are some questions.

1) Is there a way to get the sync settings? (Change time, add Bluetooth, zoom in on back up cam?)
2) Does Sergey FW allow the systems to work better together and maybe have the back up camera not a 4in display?
3) Anyone have a solution with CarPlay phone function? Everyone says I am echoing on their side but sounds great to me.
4) GPS marker when driving isn’t smooth, kind of skips along the path I’m going.

sorry for the long post! Hopefully y’all say Sergey FW fixes everything haha Still loving it over my 4in screen. Just want to talk on the phone lol

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a great thread but it is long! Been searching around looking for answers and can’t find them so if anyone can help that would be awesome!

I have the fast boost PX6 in a 2018 800A (4in screen) below are some questions.

1) Is there a way to get the sync settings? (Change time, add Bluetooth, zoom in on back up cam?)

Yes, use the 'Console' app. It basically just passes through to sync.

2) Does Sergey FW allow the systems to work better together and maybe have the back up camera not a 4in display?

Sergey doesn't do anything on the sync side of things. Sergey maintains a good list of the setting for different vehicles, so he'll be able to help you with that (he won't charge you for that). His firmware basically cleans up many of the rough edges of the base firmware. So you have a lot of skins to chose from, some options on the toolbars, a good startup sequence, etc. Basically, you can much better dial it in to the way you want it.

3) Anyone have a solution with CarPlay phone function? Everyone says I am echoing on their side but sounds great to me.

I use android, but I'll guess that your phone mic and the android mic are picking up audio. I'd look to see if you can turn one of them off perhaps. If you don't use voice control on the tablet, maybe see if turning off the tablet mic helps?

ShawnJ

Reaction score
Yes, use the 'Console' app. It basically just passes through to sync.

Sergey doesn't do anything on the sync side of things. Sergey maintains a good list of the setting for different vehicles, so he'll be able to help you with that (he won't charge you for that). His firmware basically cleans up many of the rough edges of the base firmware. So you have a lot of skins to chose from, some options on the toolbars, a good startup sequence, etc. Basically, you can much better dial it in to the way you want it.

I use android, but I'll guess that your phone mic and the android mic are picking up audio. I'd look to see if you can turn one of them off perhaps. If you don't use voice control on the tablet, maybe see if turning off the tablet mic helps?

Wow thank you so much!! This helps for sure!! I need to find some time and play around with it. Cheers!

mightyowl9922

Reaction score
Yea, I got that as well. There is a screen within Zlink for a code and I assume that is the code.
Hey man! What dym when you say "there's a screen within Zlink"? Do you mean on the phone or the head unit? I know Im two years late but please help me out here im stuck on the activation page and when I scan the code, it gives me the same line as the other guy.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just an FYI, it appears that PHX has much improved their customer service through their site. I decided to see if I could get a new sync cable (LVDS) to resolve the issue with my camera flickering, and they responded back rather quickly. In fact, each exchange got a response from them within 24 hours. I ended up getting a new cable from them for $12 and it resolved my camera issue completely.

So if you have a lingering issue, it might be worth giving their customer service another try. Also, has me reconsidering whether I would want to get an upgrade version, but not going to do that till others have tested it out first.

YoshiTheRaptor

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead, I am looking into getting a PX6 Android 9 unit (12.1) doesnt see like the Android 10 one will ever be released. I saw some videos about call echos? I am a techie and am OK with troubleshooting things, has everyone been able to find workarounds to potential issues?

Last edited:

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sergey's firmware comes highly recommended. He has a Facebook group and charges $99 (at least that's what it was) for a custom firmware that resolves many issues and also adds new features. He also provides excellent support if you have any issues with the install or the unit. I've never had an issue with call echos, but I never paired my phone with the Phoenix, I just use it thru the SYNC passthru.

YoshiTheRaptor

Reaction score
Which CarPlay/Android auto adapter is most stable? I just learned I need to add that in addition to my order. I was reading the wired dongle is more stable ?

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead, I am looking into getting a PX6 Android 9 unit (12.1) doesnt see like the Android 10 one will ever be released. I saw some videos about call echos? I am a techie and am OK with troubleshooting things, has everyone been able to find workarounds to potential issues?
PLEASE let me know what u find out.. I saw on the SHELBY WEBSITE (Shelby makes F150s ) they have a 12.1 HEAD UNIT, but they dont tell you who makes it...

I have a 2019 RAPTOR with a BO SYSTEM but the original owner spend big $$$ and UPGRADED SYSTEM THAT USES THAT LITTLE box avtv zen with 2 AMPS and i dont know what else.. i love the system BUT WANT A BETTER larger head united.. My systen says its a B&O but i am guessing since he the original owner ADDED like 2 AMPS and a NAV ZEN i would think the B&O on my truck has been over ridden.. not sure, but def want a 12.1,.. however reviews are bumpy..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter