Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam cessford

Reaction score
Just did all that.

Old tablet still works.
Tried old cable from apim to display port on the tablet and no go.
Tried new cable from apim to display port and no go. Tried extended display cable to oem display and that works... still waiting on phoenix to send me an update format file which I don't have as I had the 8.1 before.

FireMedic303

Reaction score
Questions with the new unit that can be preordered...

I have a 2019 802A with the WiFi hotspot enabled. Will that still work with this head unit?

Also can I access all of the sync functions as I normally would?

Will all the current cameras function the same?

Will FordPass still work (remote start / location)?

Seems like a cool unit just not 100% sold.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Questions with the new unit that can be preordered...

I have a 2019 802A with the WiFi hotspot enabled. Will that still work with this head unit?

I'm not sure where the WiFi hotspot in the truck is, but I'd be surprised if it's in the screen. I don't use it myself (use a dongle), but I'd confidently say yes.

Also can I access all of the sync functions as I normally would?

Yes...in theory. The unit has a passthrough feature so you see the same sync screen as a window on the unit. The problem comes that the cable connecting the sync box to the PHX unit doesn't always sit in the connectors well...so some of us (me) doesn't have a reliable connection. It works most of the time, and flickers alot. I find that I have little use for sync anymore though. I do have a spare cable I purchased a while back that I intend to eventually use, hopefully fixing the issue.

Will all the current cameras function the same?

Yes, through the same cable I mentioned above.

Will FordPass still work (remote start / location)?

Yes.

Kenith

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with the factory sync nav not showing the correct location? Mine is floating around all over. 2017 Raptor with PX6 android 9

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with the factory sync nav not showing the correct location? Mine is floating around all over. 2017 Raptor with PX6 android 9

How long have you had it installed? If recently, did you have to install the APIM upside down? When they were first released this was an issue and Phoenix had to send out longer cables so you could install the APIM in the correct orientation.

BeEatNU

Reaction score
Recently got my PX6 Android 9 installed and had issues out the gate.
Got all the MCU and simple can and other file updated.
The main thing I have now is car play echo, so when I call people they hear a a massive echo.

This is all installed on a 2013 Screw with aftermarket amp and speakers.
has anyone had any echo issues

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone been able to install apps that use bluetooth?
i am trying to use my switchpros app to connect to the switchpros sp9100 i have installed. seem stuck at the bluetooth part.

BeEatNU

Reaction score
Update:

I ripped this shit out and was about to toss it into the trash lol. Realized I could still return it. Unit just got into a constant reboot cycle. Even after reset with paper clip. Going back to my old radio and will just add sync 3

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@z2a, I don't think you're experience is the same as what others are getting. Some of your issues are common for sure, but not the same.

First, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who isn't ready and willing to do some troubleshooting. It's going to happen. Second, I wouldn't use it without getting a WiFi plan for the truck. The big advantage of this is being able to use whatever android app you want without limited by carplay/android auto or hotspot connection. Third, talk to Sergey on FB (link somewhere in this thread) as he will help troubleshoot and get you a firmware update that makes the UI better, as well as help troubleshoot.

Even then I still can't say I would definitely do it again.