Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me know if there is any app that you would like to see. I’ll throw it on here and send you a pic.

@David Campman, any chance you can do a screenshot of Amazon Music? This is what I primarily use, and the only app in my rotation that doesn't adjust image size properly to the limited screen size. It looks fine for much of the app, just not when you have a single track with image displayed. I probably need to do a screen shot to show what I'm referring to.

Also, how to apps adjust when the bars are invoked/removed? Do they shrink and enlarge or do the bars just overlap them. From the youtube video, it looks like it just gets overlapped, but there isn't an app running so can't 100% confirm.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On another note, I installed my system over a month ago and had some growing pains, I wanted to get it back to the way it was when shipped.

I noticed that there are at least 3 different "current" px6.zip files out there.

I downloaded all three and noticed that the file sizes are different on some files, specifically the oem.new.dat.br, system.new.dat.br, and the vendor.new.dat.br files. I installed the latest one in the thread and that turned off my camera, the screen switched like it was going to the camera but it went to the console view with a blank sync 3 screen.

I then downloaded the files on page 50 post#500 and that seemed to do the trick. My camera works like it should. I installed the launcher but did not set it as the default as I like to see the open door pop-up when they're open. ..still playing with the settings to learn the results with different settings.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Since my cameras are not working right, it sounds like I might not have the right px6.zip file installed. I might have to do some investigating on that. I do have a ticket with Phoenix about this issue and others, which is just being ignored. I think I'd rather wait till after Christmas and get something direct from them (I'll need to put more pressure on them, I know). I've gotten used to no camera, and really don't want to go through the process of re-configuring everything, loading apps, etc, again without some more assurance that it will work.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're asking if you should develop a floating home button to go along with the full screen/hidden nav bar, then YES!!

Too bad these run Oreo. I think the gestures from Android 10 would be very useful with the full screen mod

I believe gestures work via the phone/tablet camera...and the PX6 doesn't have one. Could be wrong.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a solution to advance the songs in "music" when I hit the next button on the steering wheel it goes back to console music and my next preset

amp

Reaction score
Anyone have a solution to advance the songs in "music" when I hit the next button on the steering wheel it goes back to console music and my next preset

You can try this canbus update if you'd like. I got it on 11/30/19 and was told that it fixed the steering wheel control skipping for certain apps. The apps I use (pandora, BT music) never really had a problem, so I didn't notice a difference but this might work for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61dmxavxewme7ny/simplecanupdate.bin?dl=0

Last edited:

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the version numbers? Also concerned about housing anything up, otherwise except for the occasional backup cam freeze its been pretty stable

amp

Reaction score
Do you know the version numbers? Also concerned about housing anything up, otherwise except for the occasional backup cam freeze its been pretty stable

Not really sure how to get the version numbers out of this update. I've done a few simplecanbus updates and unfortunately I've never seen them use filenames with version numbers either.

There are 2 types of updates that they put out - canbus and PX6.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the PX6 update handles more of the OS/menus/cameras. I've updated the PX6 once, and it added the drag/drop feature of the top menu.

Canbus seems to handle the audio controls, sound, and I'm guessing it probably won't affect your cameras.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@David Campman, any chance you can do a screenshot of Amazon Music? This is what I primarily use, and the only app in my rotation that doesn't adjust image size properly to the limited screen size. It looks fine for much of the app, just not when you have a single track with image displayed. I probably need to do a screen shot to show what I'm referring to.

Also, how to apps adjust when the bars are invoked/removed? Do they shrink and enlarge or do the bars just overlap them. From the youtube video, it looks like it just gets overlapped, but there isn't an app running so can't 100% confirm.
Here's a screenshot. The whitesnake album cover is cut in half.13021e1d2f1ed10a5cf4f9b9c2ee125b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did the px6, had to start configuration from scratch, not fun.

Now I'd like to figure out how to get a pic of my truck on the bottom half of the screen. I got an image in .png sized right and put it on the px6 then reset, but doesnt do anything

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did the px6, had to start configuration from scratch, not fun.

Now I'd like to figure out how to get a pic of my truck on the bottom half of the screen. I got an image in .png sized right and put it on the px6 then reset, but doesnt do anything

If you're trying to replace the white truck with the gauges, you can't change that pic. That is programmed into the "console" app. It would be nice if we can get them to update that app to allow different pictures or just eliminate it altogether and let us split screen the console app