Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
Member Melvimbe has put together a comprehensive spreadsheet that details the following:

System Information, Install Set, Icon Setting and User Settings. The sheet is self-explanatory when opened, it reflects the Field (Setting), Value of the Field, recommended Raptor Value, Recommended F150 Value (yet to be completed), notes regarding the Values and Melvimbe’s Values.

If you plan on using the spreadsheet to check/change your units’ settings, I would recommend you download a copy and add your units default settings before changing anything. There have been some cases where the MCU builds have been the identical but the firmware/software update from one unit doesn’t work on another (or broke something), the same thing is possible when changing the values.

Melvimbe has allowed me to incorporate this into the PX Comparison Chart” spreadsheet A 2nd Tab has been added labeled “PX6 Setting”

You can find the spreadsheet at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mnOETzYCwnAWgEkr4LmVT1QrAMuYNiPHzysSTwVBzxc/edit?usp=sharing

A big “Thanks” to Melvimbe for the hard work

This weekend I’m going to go through the spreadsheet and complete the F150 Values.

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been back and forth through this thread, as well as the other PX thread on this forum and can't find a solution for my issue. I've recently installed the PX6 and absolutely love it.

I'm having issues with audio, pretty much all around. First, I'm having the issue with switching audio from Sync to the native tablet. I've read I can go through the app list, rather than Nova launcher, and that worked for a bit but today I could not get any native tablet audio to play no matter what app or method I tried. Also, I have never heard the Google Maps app on the tablet make any noise, despite ensuring all settings are correct. Another issue: anytime I switch to Sync 3 (Console) it goes straight to FM, rather than the last source used like it used to. Lastly, I uninstalled the TMX (or whatever that app was called) app that was installed by default and installed the Google app, but I cannot get "Ok, Google" to work on the tablet.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can resolve these issues? Thanks in advance for your help.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
I've been back and forth through this thread, as well as the other PX thread on this forum and can't find a solution for my issue. I've recently installed the PX6 and absolutely love it.

I'm having issues with audio, pretty much all around. First, I'm having the issue with switching audio from Sync to the native tablet. I've read I can go through the app list, rather than Nova launcher, and that worked for a bit but today I could not get any native tablet audio to play no matter what app or method I tried. Also, I have never heard the Google Maps app on the tablet make any noise, despite ensuring all settings are correct. Another issue: anytime I switch to Sync 3 (Console) it goes straight to FM, rather than the last source used like it used to. Lastly, I uninstalled the TMX (or whatever that app was called) app that was installed by default and installed the Google app, but I cannot get "Ok, Google" to work on the tablet.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can resolve these issues? Thanks in advance for your help.

Have you checked the gain settings under the Install Set menu? Another thing to try is going to the equalizer and turn Loudness on and of and then reset.

To get "Ok Google" to work, make sure it's enabled in Nova Launcher. The pre-installed voice assistant (TMZ) is the default assistance, even though it is uninstalled it's still the default voice assistant in Google settings. Try downloading/installing Google Assistant from the play store, it should walk you through the settings to make it default.

Hope this helps

Wyo1

Reaction score
Hi All,

New member, but I've been following the px6 thread for awhile. I pulled the trigger and installed this a few days ago. Huge upgrade in my opinion.

Had a question, what's everyone doing for getting wifi to the unit? I've been looking at the Verizon him or at&t spark, also looking at a mobile hotspot, I've hooked it up to my phones hotspot, but just to weak of signal.

Suggestions???

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a question, what's everyone doing for getting wifi to the unit? I've been looking at the Verizon him or at&t spark, also looking at a mobile hotspot, I've hooked it up to my phones hotspot, but just to weak of signal.

I'm using AT&T spark. The connection has been pretty good the majority of the time, though it does appear to be throttled at times. I don't watch videos too much, but I find that acceptable, not great. Music is pretty good, although I do hit dead zones.

On the monthly price, it looks cheap, but there are significant taxes to consider.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can find the spreadsheet at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mnOETzYCwnAWgEkr4LmVT1QrAMuYNiPHzysSTwVBzxc/edit?usp=sharing

A big “Thanks” to Melvimbe for the hard work

This weekend I’m going to go through the spreadsheet and complete the F150 Values.

It was actually rather easy to setup. Just took some screenshots and typed it in. I somewhat needed to do this in order to trouble shoot my own issues. I've even sent the spreadsheet on a couple Phoenix help tickets to help troubleshoot the issue. Also hoping to learn from you guys about what the different settings mean or perhaps I have something wrong. I am pretty sure I have the bluetooth setting wrong, since mine's not working.

Also, the highlighted green was descriptions I am rather confident about. The others could be wrong. All is open to correction, but green is pretty confident.

David Campman

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new here, have a 2016 f150 xlt with the Phoenix px6 HU upgrade.

Following along and thought I’d share something spectacular that I just came across. I found someone who was able to hid the bars! Check out the video.

You can reach the developer of this mod at [email protected]. Please don’t ask me for the changes as I feel this is his work and rightfully should be compensated for such. I donated, but he humbly did not set a price for the mod.

My next adventure is to find someone that can help/direct me to building my own apps for the unit. I specifically am looking for how an app calls or sends data to the can bus through the MCU. Tried to request info from Phoenix and they just closed the ticket with no response... lol. If anyone out there has the command or api structure for the canbus I’d be interested in paying for the info.

Thanks all for the hard work and coordination on these units!

abearsfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

New member, but I've been following the px6 thread for awhile. I pulled the trigger and installed this a few days ago. Huge upgrade in my opinion.

Suggestions???
I added the truck to my wireless plan...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this to us!

Can you answer a couple question about this mod?

Can it be undone/removed easily?
Has it been test on Raptors with auto air, and if not, what about how the mod works gives me comfort that it won't break my unit?
Is Phoenix Automotive aware of this?

I imagine the developer can answer those questions, if you're not sure.

The menu's don't bother me nearly as much as they used to, since they are more customized after the latest update. The biggest issue I have is that some apps (Amazon music) at least doesn't display some images properly because of the bars.