Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only issue (so far) that I have had from the PX3 and now the PX6 is when I run a music app outside of the console like the YouTube Music app on the Phoenix radio, I push the right steering wheel (skip song button, the song will move to the next one but the console becomes active (not on the screen but for sound) and it switches to the next preset (like a new station). This is not too bad as long as I remember if I am using a music app natively on the PR to use the controls on the tablet itself.

My PX3 was the same way. Annoying, but once you get used to it, not so bad. Would like to see them fix that in future updates.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How is the transition from different audio sources? Say for example, I'm streaming pandora from the tablet 'side' and want to switch over to listen to a Sirius XM station for a bit? How many clicks does it take to navigate over to the Sync side of things and get it done? If I then decided I wanted to go back to Pandora, is the stream I was using still active? Does it restart automatically or do I have to start it up again?

This is something I find a bit annoying currently using Android Auto, switching between streaming from Google or Amazon, then back to the radio through Sync 3 feels like it's got too many steps. I started trying out using the "Ford + Alexa" app, and although it's native in Sync 3, which is nice, I actually have to turn it completely off in order to play any other audio source.

Unrelated to that question, what do those that already have it feel is the best feature or aspect of the tablet? Is it just the size? Streaming capability w/wifi? Navigation? The UI?

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the transition from different audio sources? Say for example, I'm streaming pandora from the tablet 'side' and want to switch over to listen to a Sirius XM station for a bit? How many clicks does it take to navigate over to the Sync side of things and get it done? If I then decided I wanted to go back to Pandora, is the stream I was using still active? Does it restart automatically or do I have to start it up again?

This is something I find a bit annoying currently using Android Auto, switching between streaming from Google or Amazon, then back to the radio through Sync 3 feels like it's got too many steps. I started trying out using the "Ford + Alexa" app, and although it's native in Sync 3, which is nice, I actually have to turn it completely off in order to play any other audio source.

Unrelated to that question, what do those that already have it feel is the best feature or aspect of the tablet? Is it just the size? Streaming capability w/wifi? Navigation? The UI?

Mel,
I will check the number of clicks this evening unless someone else beats me to it. I have a feeling it will be about the same as far as touch actions go, but will check. I am exploring what methods are the easiest and quickest especially while driving.

For me the best feature initially is the screen size overall. However, the ability to run other apps that are not supported in apple car play or android auto is quite nice. Then the ability to split screen most apps.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Robert, thanks for the info. I wasn't looking for exact number of clicks, just a general idea. Going from AA to play XM is about 3-4 clicks. I would hope the tablet would improve on that or at least not get worse.

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I contacted them via their FB appointment scheduler (kinda cool), and they contacted me back via FB Message within about 10 minutes...on Sunday! Anyway, I sent them a video and photos of what I was seeing and verified I had my settings correct. They sent me the link to the 29 July update that I did not know about. Here is the link to the PX6 29 July 2019 update: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://www.dropbox.com/s/f840bkxgc9vkqjz/px6_kw_1024x768%207.29.2019.zip?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR2N3yhPJ9e4Rausr4hV_AxLzFhbWDTUNAEWXTM63xZGzWNZYOacXi1d8xo&h=AT0DrQu3MFCsWN_djjzd3m7RnHQkupMyLUZR4aeBvfCGGd5u4v28xV0aOIUqlIi5pPCxn1_LjiL7bBkzezCsupwKmaFdVTZna2sZAiMzqWDOGCiq2uTGAeVWGN4UPHEQeDCzMGw5ZUoEvgZQEWE

Renamed the file to PX6.zip and put it on the root of a USB drive. Started the truck and connected the USB. Within 10 seconds it recognized the update file and I confirmed the install. Once done I shut truck off and restarted. Now my cameras all work as they should.

Will still have to finish setting up my apps and other things and do more testing.

The only issue (so far) that I have had from the PX3 and now the PX6 is when I run a music app outside of the console like the YouTube Music app on the Phoenix radio, I push the right steering wheel (skip song button, the song will move to the next one but the console becomes active (not on the screen but for sound) and it switches to the next preset (like a new station). This is not too bad as long as I remember if I am using a music app natively on the PR to use the controls on the tablet itself.

If you download YouTube music does your next button and back button change the songs or does it go to factory radio

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this thing. I was originally thinking I'd upgraded the audio system first, but changed my mind. For one thing, if the PX6 improves the audio, then it might change my mind a bit on audio. Also, assumed I get the audio tuned, I'd have to tune it a second time if I get the PX6 after upgraded audio.

Can't wait to install and start playing around.

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you download YouTube music does your next button and back button change the songs or does it go to factory radio
Krill in
Open YT Music and plays then push left or right steering wheel skip buttons and it goes to the next or previous song but it also switches to a preset in the console and the console now has focus for the sound.
So far this is the main issue I am having. It was also that way with my PX3.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Krill in
Open YT Music and plays then push left or right steering wheel skip buttons and it goes to the next or previous song but it also switches to a preset in the console and the console now has focus for the sound.
So far this is the main issue I am having. It was also that way with my PX3.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Ok so I'm not the only one