Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI.

The song skip issues are not present on the Sony system. I tried all the apps and it only skips songs and doesn’t glitch back to the sync source.

I am using latest MCU and canbus. There is an MCU update out there you should install.

ok now I’m lost, so if I have the 2017 Sony system and install the screen, running apps on the screen and using the steering where control to toggle back/forward will not cause it to jump back to sync input and toggle that sorce?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problems on my end.

The mcu file wasn’t in a Dropbox. I tried to find it. You have to ask the Phoenix guys for it. I tried to see if I still had it but I can’t seem to locate the file!

ok now I’m lost, so if I have the 2017 Sony system and install the screen, running apps on the screen and using the steering where control to toggle back/forward will not cause it to jump back to sync input and toggle that sorce?

Derrick Anderson

Reaction score
so reading both threads, alot of info there, wow. getting ready to order this. i've got a 2018 802A, what is the benefit of getting the version of android auto since I already have it with the stock unit? is there any (better screen display modes with it?)or should I save the $25? thanks!

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so reading both threads, alot of info there, wow. getting ready to order this. i've got a 2018 802A, what is the benefit of getting the version of android auto since I already have it with the stock unit? is there any (better screen display modes with it?)or should I save the $25? thanks!

from what I read, it runs bigger on the screen....

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it and the car play addons since I was more curious to see how and if they were different in some way.

I have not checked CarPlay yet. AA is a larger vertical layout size maybe an inch taller. Would have to measure it. It does put a banner that says Android Auto with a graphic under the main display area so in full screen mode the image of the truck and the speed and rom gauge are not visible which I prefer. With the new AA UI and on screen music controls I like it.

It run within an app called zlink if I remember correctly and can be set to start automatically when it boots.

I will take screen shot of it later.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

So here is a comparison of AA using Waze and YT Music, first thru Sync 3 and then thru zLink AA addon option.791f3718f1111be3249c711290eded4d.jpg9ebf3994cabfdef9669e4d9a31e08319.jpg1b836c7894e2b1712d2df0b6b1e7feee.jpgc50aa80fcbaa31ff0c23d8e19c5e5451.jpg

Last edited:

Derrick Anderson

Reaction score
got it, thanks, so the display seems more finished with the add on selected. thank you! I just put my order in for one plus the HDTV tuner for grins n giggles. anyone know how long it takes for shipment?

Last edited:

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it, thanks, so the display seems more finished with the add on selected. thank you!
It does change if put into split mode though. The AA text under the display moves to the right side and the display area shrinks a little to the left and not as tall since it is over 50% if full screen and it needs to make room for the other app in split screen. Still usable but not as pleasing to the eyes in that setup. Of course I have found console is not always happy if put into split screen mode. Sometimes it goes black if it does not have focus. Touch it and it comes back on.

I have tried various combinations of which apps are in split screen, or not running AA and instead putting waze on top and YT Music on the bottom. Then only the app with focus provides audio. At least in my testing.

Of course still more testing to do.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pretty much use waze, then yt music split screen .. sometimes i have to hit "music" on the top bar and then back to yt music.. bc sometimes it just stays on radio

djc1603

Reaction score
I just replaced my PX3 unit with the PX6 and it is so much better in every way. Apps load instantly as you would expect and switching through the various sources from the Sync 3 and the various streaming apps (Spotify, Tidal, and Amazon Music) is working flawlessly. I am not experiencing the issue with using the steering wheel controls to advance songs on my streaming sources that others have reported. When I clicked the forward or reverse buttons on the steering wheel, the song advances to the next or previous song as expected. My PX3 unit also worked in this manner so not sure why some units are not working as expected. As an fyi, I RMA'd my PX3 unit and paid the difference in price to get the PX6 so I am not out the entire price of the upgraded unit.