Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djc1603

Reaction score
My A/C also is reversed lol dual is single single is dual

ok ill try to update it, new issue today, the volume dropped to like half.. i have to crank it to 30 just to be able to hear it somewhat loud..
Regarding the low volume issue, I had this issue with my PX3 version. It was resolved by going into Advanced Settings and setting the "Audio Fader" option to Off. Hope that works for you.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, no change from stock.

Awesome thanks! I think that was the reason I didn’t pull the trigger on this. Something about remote start didn’t activate heat/air until you manually had to press the start/stop button in the truck.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELP, ordered the PX6. More than a little annoyed that I have to order a second unit to do what the first one should have done, but I spent more on head units in my gen 1, so I guess if this one delivers it’s okay.

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELP, ordered the PX6. More than a little annoyed that I have to order a second unit to do what the first one should have done, but I spent more on head units in my gen 1, so I guess if this one delivers it’s okay.

I might have to do the same

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my unit boots straight to the factory backup camera, but doesn't show the camera view, and I can't access any menu settings. Hard reset hasnt helped. Odd.

I reinstalled it. Same deal. Boots right to a black backup camera screen. Cant access anything to try and update, modify settings, etc.

Update - SEE BELOW - FIXED !!!

Last edited:

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, came back from vacation getaway and decided to try and reinstall the PX6 Since I was having some serious issues. Turns out the cable/wiring harness for the PX6 has some issues that cause non-stop errors on the dash for various systems. I tested this using the PX3 harness and the factory unit and no issues or errors and then tried the PX6 harness and got all the same issues as when uniting the PX6 radio/tablet. To make sure I tried both harnesses with the PX6 unit and the harness still had the same issues. So put in the harness from the PX3 and updated the PX6 canbus posted by Guy a few pages back and had the blacked out camera display. I will be asking them to replace the wiring harness hopefully sooner rather than later.
Went into "Install Set" which is what I think should be Advanced Settings and changed the camera to VGA and ensured Background processes is off which I had set before and it still was off.

Now the Camera button cycles the camera views as expected but the reverse camera and 360 view does not display properly when truck is put into reverse. It just shows a 2d image of a truck with the distance marks in various colors to the rear of the image. This a separate image from the car one in the bottom of the display that is added into the phoenix radio units. I will take a photo and add to this post as soon as I can that will explain it better than I can.
I am hoping there is a setting somewhere that is just not correct and easily set to fix the issue.
Running thru some of the features, what I have checked works well other than the reverse/360 camera view when backing up.
If anyone has any thoughts on the possible setting that may be causing my issues feel free to let me know and I will try most anything.

Gopherboy128

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now, I just reinstalled my PX3 with the longer GPS cable, at least that part is sorted. I may just order a new PX6 unit and have them RMA my current PX6 for a refund.

UPDATE:

Guy is THE man! Fixed my issue, PX6 is installed, with the longer GPS cable. Factory nav works, PX6 "Google Maps" nav works. Backup camera works.

I had to shift my truck from P, to D, back to P really fast, and work through the process of a simplecan update. Took awhile of shifting to D and right back to P, and getting 1 prompt further in the process, but once I hit "MCU Upgrade" on the System screen, it updated, rebooted and works as it should.

To fix my backup camera- I went into Install, code 666888 and set Camera to VGA-RGB instead of whatever the other setting was and now my backup camera works.

I havent gone through the process of updating all my apps, and installing others, but switching between Google Maps, Sync3 and YouTube seemed smooth and rapid. Much faster than my PX3 unit.

AGAIN- big THANK YOU to Guy for helping me.

Last edited:

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, came back from vacation getaway and decided to try and reinstall the PX6 Since I was having some serious issues. Turns out the cable/wiring harness for the PX6 has some issues that cause non-stop errors on the dash for various systems. I tested this using the PX3 harness and the factory unit and no issues or errors and then tried the PX6 harness and got all the same issues as when uniting the PX6 radio/tablet. To make sure I tried both harnesses with the PX6 unit and the harness still had the same issues. So put in the harness from the PX3 and updated the PX6 canbus posted by Guy a few pages back and had the blacked out camera display. I will be asking them to replace the wiring harness hopefully sooner rather than later.
Went into "Install Set" which is what I think should be Advanced Settings and changed the camera to VGA and ensured Background processes is off which I had set before and it still was off.

Now the Camera button cycles the camera views as expected but the reverse camera and 360 view does not display properly when truck is put into reverse. It just shows a 2d image of a truck with the distance marks in various colors to the rear of the image. This a separate image from the car one in the bottom of the display that is added into the phoenix radio units. I will take a photo and add to this post as soon as I can that will explain it better than I can.
I am hoping there is a setting somewhere that is just not correct and easily set to fix the issue.
Running thru some of the features, what I have checked works well other than the reverse/360 camera view when backing up.
If anyone has any thoughts on the possible setting that may be causing my issues feel free to let me know and I will try most anything.

So I contacted them via their FB appointment scheduler (kinda cool), and they contacted me back via FB Message within about 10 minutes...on Sunday! Anyway, I sent them a video and photos of what I was seeing and verified I had my settings correct. They sent me the link to the 29 July update that I did not know about. Here is the link to the PX6 29 July 2019 update: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...MzqWDOGCiq2uTGAeVWGN4UPHEQeDCzMGw5ZUoEvgZQEWE

Renamed the file to PX6.zip and put it on the root of a USB drive. Started the truck and connected the USB. Within 10 seconds it recognized the update file and I confirmed the install. Once done I shut truck off and restarted. Now my cameras all work as they should.

Will still have to finish setting up my apps and other things and do more testing.

The only issue (so far) that I have had from the PX3 and now the PX6 is when I run a music app outside of the console like the YouTube Music app on the Phoenix radio, I push the right steering wheel (skip song button, the song will move to the next one but the console becomes active (not on the screen but for sound) and it switches to the next preset (like a new station). This is not too bad as long as I remember if I am using a music app natively on the PR to use the controls on the tablet itself.