Performance SUV -> Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

blake6551

Reaction score
I had a 2016 King Ranch, not making that mistake again. Ended up putting Fox coilovers and 33s to make the ride acceptable. Just drove a ‘23 35 my dealer had on the lot, I’m sold. Ordered a Carbonized Gray 2024, they said 3-5 months. Can’t wait!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
The Raptor has the driving comfort no other truck has and it was my choice mainly for that reason. I was done with the complaints from my wife about the lumber wagon ride quality in the Wrangler that is equivalent to most trucks. I was successful at muting the comments about ride quality but she's unfortunately found many other things to complain about when im driving.

Are you driving like this?

MqrjgL.gif

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
I've owned a number of sports cars including the E92 M3 (we also had an X5 with the V8 and a 530i sport). If you are looking for something to drag race stop light to stop light, the Raptor is a poor choice. If this is more about daily live-ability, the Raptor wins hands down.

I agree with one the previous posters -- sport SUV handling leaves something to be desired -- and the Raptor actually does a decent job if you are within 15mph of the posted speed limit.

Backseat is huge compared to the X5 and probably twice as much leg room.

Long term service and warranty costs are ridiculously low (I know they throw in service on the BMW, but its baked into the price). I would highly recommend at least an extended warranty through Granger (or one of the couple of others that offer it online for $50-100 over cost).

moto727

Reaction score
i went from a trackhawk to a gen 3 and miss the performance aspect. the extra room is nice, rides better but is a bitch to park

noraptor

Reaction score
Like other's have said on here, the Raptor isn't going to handle like the X5M. But there are so many other good things about having a truck, it doesn't really matter. The Raptor feels twice as big (wider, taller, heavier) than a mid-size SUV. I had a Jeep SRT WK2 which is comparable in size and weight to an X5M. No comparison with the truck. I'm really happy to be back in a pickup truck.

My kids are SWIMMING in the back seat. They love it. Dogs love it too because I can fold the back seats up and they have the WHOLE floor. It's great.

Curious how big your dog is and how it sits in the back? I have a 90 lb dog and while she'll get up on the rear seat, I can't take her through any twisties or offroad, she wouldn't be into it. That said, I was hoping to get a Raptor someday and push the rear seats up so she can sit facing forward on the floor and not be up high on the seat facing the window, which she does today in my in current pickup.

Last edited:

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can say that, but I don't have nearly as much space in my Gen 3 from the back of the driver seat to the back of the passenger seat as I did in my Gen 1. Might also be the stupid box under the seat that adds to the cramping as well.
I removed the cargo box and ordered a full size mat for back there. I love it and so does my dog lol. IMG_9168.jpeg

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor is not a fun vehicle from a “sports car” stand point. It does so much very well and definitely gets out of its own way. It’s not going to be a 60-140 rig, but you’ll be able to do 60 over the worst roads in your area. It’s no harder to park than a regular f150.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious how big your dog is and how it sits in the back? I have a 90 lb dog and while she'll get up on the rear seat, I can't take her through any twisties or offroad, she wouldn't be into it. That said, I was hoping to get a Raptor someday and push the rear seats up so she can sit facing forward on the floor and not be up high on the seat facing the window, which she does today in my in current pickup.
Both of mine are 65lbs. Ophelia likes riding on the seat and Oscar likes the floor. Or I flip the seats up and they both hang out happily on the floor (on their blanket, of course). Ophelia is tall too. She can put her paws on my shoulders when she stands on her hind legs, and I'm 5'10".

oscar phee.jpg

phee.jpg

noraptor

Reaction score
Both of mine are 65lbs. Ophelia likes riding on the seat and Oscar likes the floor. Or I flip the seats up and they both hang out happily on the floor (on their blanket, of course). Ophelia is tall too. She can put her paws on my shoulders when she stands on her hind legs, and I'm 5'10".

View attachment 437908

View attachment 437909

Thanks...Yeah, our girl is timid on seats. She'll do it, but she's not a fan. I think with the seat up she could use all the floor space and either lay down or sit up.