Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are any of you experiencing bump-steer on the mid perch setting? It wasn't prevalent at all on bottom perch.

The bump-steer is so bad on my truck that I am considering going back to bottom perch.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are any of you experiencing bump-steer on the mid perch setting? It wasn't prevalent at all on bottom perch.

The bump-steer is so bad on my truck that I am considering going back to bottom perch.

what are you talking about is it off road or anytime? I obviously have not.

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did mid perch yesterday

Two things:

I only have a 1.5 ton jack (time to upgrade).

No air tools.

Took me a few hours but it's all straight forward and i took my time. No need to rush. Even with 3k miles on the truck the springs stuck a little. Nothing a rubber/ wood mallet couldn't cure! So far i love the even ride height all the way around.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just did mid perch yesterday

Two things:

I only have a 1.5 ton jack (time to upgrade).

No air tools.

Took me a few hours but it's all straight forward and i took my time. No need to rush. Even with 3k miles on the truck the springs stuck a little. Nothing a rubber/ wood mallet couldn't cure! So far i love the even ride height all the way around.

Did you get it aligned yet?

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mid perch

So over the Holiday I left the truck for 3 days to get the mid. came back nothing done. they actualy pulled a 2011-12 post from here that had the ford service bullit saying any alterations will move factory specs. Im in Portland, OR... So one dealer will do it the one I bought it from wont. What the heck???? Won dealership is cheaper the other is not. The one that will do it would have charged me 8gs over what I paid. Help!!! What should I do, hate them both,,no real off-road shops. Except maybe Sandy,OR
:beatdeadhorse5:

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope this helps,

Mid Perch Mod - YouTube

If you do not have the tools mentioned by RPG in the youtube vid, word is
that Autozone rents some of the tools...ex. Spring Clamps...You can also purchase these from Sears, Craftsman, Etc.. if rentals are not available for you.)

God luck fellow Raptorian/FRFer!!

watch

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it to a shop that replaces shocks and struts. They will have the equipment to do the job. And of course get an alignment too. My dealership would not do it either. Just show the shop guy the video on how to do it.