Pensacola Flooding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Due to the recent rains and flooding we have here in the Gulf Coast part of the United States, Mandy and I decided it would be a good idea to go check out some friends houses and see some damage of the local area. While we were out, my command here with the US Navy issued a command recall and I had to verify that all of my students were safe and sound with the water/flooding.

Taking a trip through Mariners Village (base housing), it was evident that shit was NOT cool. Thanks to the mightiness of the Raptor and the Ford information booklet stating how deep of water we could Ford (no pun intended), I was able to get to my students house and check on them if their phones weren't working and stuff like that.

It's just madness around here. Hell, we had about a mile drive through a river-like road to even get back home! I took video of that, but I'll upload it later. Cops had the road closed/blocked but like, damn, we live there!

Thankfully, when I bought the house, I made sure that it wasn't in a flood danger zone and it was high up compared to that of the local area surrounding.

Here's some pics. I'll upload the video's to YouTube soon.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• aIMAG1506.jpg
    aIMAG1506.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 340
  • aIMAG1543.jpg
    aIMAG1543.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 395
  • aIMAG1554.jpg
    aIMAG1554.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 333
  • aIMAG1555.jpg
    aIMAG1555.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 354
  • aIMAG1567.jpg
    aIMAG1567.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are 4 YouTube videos from the drive down Bauer Rd. We live on the East Side of the road in a nice community. We're traveling South, so we'd be on the left as you're watching the video.

Pensacola Flooding 2012-06-09 - YouTube

Seeing things like this, although way infrequent, reminds me why I am pissed off at myself for breaking my own rule of never having a vehicle that would keep me (for the most part) from being stranded. The Focus...hasn't moved in days.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for going to the extent of personally checking on your students, Swoop! I'm glad to hear that everyone is okay. I'm in Huntsville, AL, and all that is on its way here. Thanks for the peek into the future.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
This has been good hurricane practice... We verified the raptor is more than capable to get us where we need to go regardless of road conditions, that the house is water-tight and in relatively high area, and learned how to quickly empty an overflowing pool. It's storming again now but not near as bad as yesterday...yet.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for going to the extent of personally checking on your students, Swoop! I'm glad to hear that everyone is okay. I'm in Huntsville, AL, and all that is on its way here. Thanks for the peek into the future.
Yeah man, hope that you guys are good to go up there!
Great job Swoop. I hope you guys are alright down there.
We're good so far! It's not even that bad, this is just some rain. Hurricanes are supposed to be pretty bad, but never been through one. I've experienced Typhoon's, though, and they're no joke and relatively the same thing.
This has been good hurricane practice... We verified the raptor is more than capable to get us where we need to go regardless of road conditions, that the house is water-tight and in relatively high area, and learned how to quickly empty an overflowing pool. It's storming again now but not near as bad as yesterday...yet.
Yeah! No kidding!