Passenger side carpet wet!! Where is the drain for the AC???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you have a water leak between the bed and the cab when they are not attached?
Interesting? Could be a simple error in statement or like my SCT tuner they are married

On the serious possibly that this actually the fitting, what is the best way to check it before it gets to the extreme? Run the ac on high and the fan too? Would that cause a little more air pressure in the unit and force more condensation out?

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing when I read that.
Could it be possible the water was sloshing around in the truck by the way it is constructed?
Is the floor a double wall with areas that would hold that much water to soak it from front to back or it just went along the top of the floor?

Since being a first time Raptor owner but, being a Jeep owner since way back I know the way the rockers and floor with rubber drain plugs everywhere tend to hold the water at.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The evaporator leak is a simple fix at the dealer. Hopefully you caught it in time, before it got very wet or moldy. Not sure how this one slipped through QnA in this year. But had it addressed on my ‘19 before it got bad.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The evaporator leak is a simple fix at the dealer. Hopefully you caught it in time, before it got very wet or moldy. Not sure how this one slipped through QnA in this year. But had it addressed on my ‘19 before it got bad.

It's one of those things that may not show up under testing, but when you produce a few million vehicles a lot of things can occur that didn't show up under test conditions. As far as the issue, it's not an evaporator leak; it's the evaporator drain tube that can allow water to seep backward down the tube and past the seal. The issue doesn't affect every vehicle; mine is the original design and has no issue.

D

Deleted member 17706

It's one of those things that may not show up under testing, but when you produce a few million vehicles a lot of things can occur that didn't show up under test conditions. As far as the issue, it's not an evaporator leak; it's the evaporator drain tube that can allow water to seep backward down the tube and past the seal. The issue doesn't affect every vehicle; mine is the original design and has no issue.

Is this still something to keep an eye on for 20s?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Agreed, bad choice of words as that normally describes a refrigerant leak from the evaporator. But I was referring to the condensation drain line as you may have guessed. I would have just thought by late ‘19 they would have caught and corrected the problem. It’s a small issue, but if not detected early it can destroy the carpeting. Luckily I found mine fairly early, while installing power runs for the audio system. The tech did a good job with the TSB.