Passenger side carpet wet!! Where is the drain for the AC???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad I read this thread. Checked my passenger carpet and it was wet.

Made an online appt at the dealer, the only option that kind of fit was “fluid leak” so I checked that.

Dropped the truck off. Explained to one service advisor about the carpet, he knew exactly which TSB it probably was and I got a lift home.

Miscommunications between that SA and the SA I usually work with and my guy (Sal) thought there was a oil leak to look for. Turns out the oil pan and timing valve cover are both leaking a little.

Must have just started because I had the skid plate off a few weeks ago and it was clean.

2019 with 29.6k miles.

Waiting on the high pressure fuel line for parts and getting it all fixed in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's one of those things that may not show up under testing, but when you produce a few million vehicles a lot of things can occur that didn't show up under test conditions. As far as the issue, it's not an evaporator leak; it's the evaporator drain tube that can allow water to seep backward down the tube and past the seal. The issue doesn't affect every vehicle; mine is the original design and has no issue.
Thanks again for your input, very much appreciated and saves a lot of guessing what is wrong