2019 raptor crew cab interior leak help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

micirish4

Reaction score
How’s it going all. 2019 crewcab with sunroof. Passenger side carpet continues to get wet after 2 trips to the dealership. They replaced sunroof drain valve claiming it was clogged, to no avail. Also preformed the known fix, I forget the #. Second trip in, they said drain tube was installed incorrectly, identified and rectified. Leave it be, I just pulled up my floor liner and the carpet is soaking wet. No a/c use, no heat use. It did recently rain but nothing else was wet and or open. And experiences or guidance?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First post…so you buy this new or used? Maintenance and accident history? The ROP is a wet seal, it bypasses water into the drain channels. Environmental debris commonly clogs the drains, did they run trimmer string through them all to verify they’re clear?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
Pics. or you really have a prius.

with sunroof
There’s your problem. (mine too).

Almost certainly clogged drain tube, but I’m going to defer here for never having had this issue with the moonroof. Others yes but knock on wood, no leaks.

OP
OP
micirish4

micirish4

Reaction score
First post, not first problem unfortunately. It’s real I promise! Bought used,19' 22k miles fully loaded, clean vehicle history. Unsure if they checked the ROP seal, but I would tend to think so since they focused both times on sunroof, replacing drainage tube etc. What other self checks can I do to avoid another trip to the dealership? Thank you guys for the help!IMG_4132.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2776.jpeg
    IMG_2776.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2517.jpeg
    IMG_2517.jpeg
    491.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4127.jpeg
    IMG_4127.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 10

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First post, not first problem unfortunately. It’s real I promise! Bought used,19' 22k miles fully loaded, clean vehicle history. Unsure if they checked the ROP seal, but I would tend to think so since they focused both times on sunroof, replacing drainage tube etc. What other self checks can I do to avoid another trip to the dealership? Thank you guys for the help!View attachment 426737
Per the paperwork they isolated the leak to the drain tube and repaired it; they generally aren’t going to do the maintenance items.

The drains get clogged with environmental debris, they can be cleaned with trimmer string. The Roof Opening Panel seals should be cleaned and lubricated with Krytox GPL-205. The vast majority of ROP concerns are due to lack of maintenance or not using it frequently enough, which causes the seals to stick.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd think it's more likely to be the condensate drain issue. I know supposedly not all F150's have the issue, but obviously you got something going on. You stated you haven't used AC, but that carpet padding holds water. It's almost impossible to dry out without removing it at least partially.

OP
OP
micirish4

micirish4

Reaction score
Negative, truck remains on pretty much even ground when parked. I tend to think it has to be a drainage tube as well, but @FordTechOne as per fords paperwork, wouldn't they're fix have taken care of the problem, if that drainage tube was clogged? They repaired and replaced. So root cause is somewhere else? Mind boggled here, going to open it up tomorrow and check.

Only exterior oddity I see is on the roof rails, ill attach pictures, are these normal condition?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 17

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Negative, truck remains on pretty much even ground when parked. I tend to think it has to be a drainage tube as well, but @FordTechOne as per fords paperwork, wouldn't they're fix have taken care of the problem, if that drainage tube was clogged? They repaired and replaced. So root cause is somewhere else? Mind boggled here, going to open it up tomorrow and check.

Only exterior oddity I see is on the roof rails, ill attach pictures, are these normal condition?
There are 2 drain channels and 4 drain tubes. One channel on each side and one drain tube at each corner.