Passenger headlight stays on when car is off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed OEM 13-14 HID headlights from The retro fit source on my 2012 abut 3 yrs ago. They've been flawless until now. Yesterday, after coming home from UPS, I noticed the passengers side headlight remain on even after turning the truck off. My headlight switch is always off. I had to disconnect my battery to turn it off. I reconnected it today and the same thing. What is going on? How would I go about fixing this?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The passenger side HID ballast receives hot at all times power from Fuse F16 in the BJB. If there is water intrusion or corrosion in the connector/headlamp assembly or the ballast fails, it can keep the headlamp illuminated all the time. Start by checking the connections.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, finally got a chance to look at things. All the connections looked good. No damage or corrosion. Dry. I removed the Morimoto relay to inspect and it looks good too. I looked at the inline fuse as well. I cleaned the tips a bit and put it back in. I put he battery back on and the light is no longer on. I checked the lights by putting them all on and it works fine. I think the inline fuse may have been dirty. At least thats my guess. I'm gonna replace the fuse and the relay anyway. Dont want any issues in the near future. Thank You.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter