Parking the beast in the garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently you guys don’t do any welding in the garage. I would love to epoxy my floor, but I haven’t seen anything yet that will hold up to slag and sparks.

Hey thanks for giving me a heads up. I never thought of that. I weld...I guess I'll have to do it in the driveway now.

policedutchdog

Reaction score
The main problem with trying to park my Scab in the garage is not so much fore and aft but positioning it as far to right as possible without touching my cabinets. I'm looking for something that will detect the right side when pulling into the garage. I have to fit my wife's Lexus in the garage as well.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main problem with trying to park my Scab in the garage is not so much fore and aft but positioning it as far to right as possible without touching my cabinets. I'm looking for something that will detect the right side when pulling into the garage. I have to fit my wife's Lexus in the garage as well.

My folks use some convex mirrors mounted on the garage door tracks to help them see the side when entering. I don't know of any electronic device. I'm planning on using a tape strip on the floor I can see from the 360 camera for visual reference.

OP
OP
M

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8E7527B7-01D7-4483-8656-8F4BD2F32C0B.jpeg

I have cabinets too. Here is what I did. It works real well. Along with the stopping 4x4 in the rear I put down 2 temporary lines with blue painters tape. One for me one for the wife. ( after epoxy floor going to paint lines) when you back in just follow the rear and front tire and it will be perfect every time.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rope that hangs from the garage ceiling, right where my stubby antenna should be when I'm positioned right. If I touch the rope with the antenna, I know I'm where I need to be left to right and forward to back.