Parking the beast in the garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha it's funny this thread popped up, I am looking to buy a house (moving from CA to FL) and one of the main drivers was having a garage big enough to park this beast in. I am loving all the suggestions though, right now I park it outside in the drive way, the issue here is the neighbor has an automated sprinkler system and the entire neighborhood has hard water. So I come outside and my truck has calcium deposits on it every few days. It's ceramic coated and has a clear bra on, but damn! (it's Agate Black btw, so very noticeable).

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
When we built our house back in 2005 a three car garage was a must. At the time the biggest truck on the road was the four door long box dually Super Duty. I told my contractor if that truck wouldn’t fit in the current plan to make the garage bigger. Needless to say, fitting the Raptor is not an issue.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrap a foam noodle around the handle.
LOL...actually,the lower handle of the Pro-Eagle already has a foam wrap on it....they thought of everything...and I never really took note of it...but where the Jack handle makes contact with the front license plate,is the foam part....SO...there is no way the handle can do any damage.

OP
OP
M

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up just making this. The legs fold up and I can move it out of the way. I put the truck in reverse and just idle it till it stops. I end up being 2 inches from the wall. I also bought some 1 inch padding for extra measure if I were to ever tap the wall, but I don’t think that will happen. Next is painting the floor and putting a couple stripes for the wife and I to play nice and stay on our own sides. Lol she always happens to pull in so far over I can’t get out. E8F8F6C2-BFFD-4D7D-9124-7AE9063C8427.jpeg1A981835-AC35-4157-A7D4-01F767414A12.jpeg4EB7D7A8-6FC7-4D7F-841D-4020A9E5E630.jpeg

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

it’s a beautiful truck man!
I tried to many things but without replacing my front bumper there is no chance i can fit it :(

What’s that under the covers? A Corvette?

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it’s a beautiful truck man!
I tried to many things but without replacing my front bumper there is no chance i can fit it :(

What’s that under the covers? A Corvette?

Thanks..!! I love it to death..!! Still grinning after 1 1/2 year of owning the Raptor..best truck ever.>!

Whats under the cover is a very pissed off 1963 Corvette.....it doesnt get out nearly as often as Pre-Raptor days...Raptor is way faster,way more comfortable to drive,and you really cant park a '63 Vette in many places...even before all this "protesting"...
It was my High School car...bought in 1973...so 47 years of bonding...:rolleyes:

CORVETTE DONE 2.jpg CORVETTE4.jpg

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a few inches less clearance than you but parking in the garage was very important to me. I cut a pool noodle in half and screwed a few pieces of it to the back wall and use the magnified reverse camera view (anyone else notice that the little + symbol only shows up about 70% of the time when you shift into reverse?) to make the light disappear between the bumper and the noodle. If I do touch the noodle, no harm done. This leaves me 2-3" of clearance between the bumper and the door. I also used some of the 3M grip tape that you can see in the foreground of this picture to make a dotted center line I can line up with the grid lines in the reverse camera to help lining up centered in the single car bay. View attachment 149784

Mine parks exactly this tight, bumper touches the drywall. Rubber parking stops from Amazon.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks..!! I love it to death..!! Still grinning after 1 1/2 year of owning the Raptor..best truck ever.>!

Whats under the cover is a very pissed off 1963 Corvette.....it doesnt get out nearly as often as Pre-Raptor days...Raptor is way faster,way more comfortable to drive,and you really cant park a '63 Vette in many places...even before all this "protesting"...
It was my High School car...bought in 1973...so 47 years of bonding...:rolleyes:

View attachment 150088 View attachment 150089

Highschool sweethearts!! Beautiful Vette.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 150088 View attachment 150089

Absolutely wow!!
Yep, the Raptor is the best, i keep finding reasons to drive it, even volunteering to be the designated driver...

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. I don’t get the “it’s a truck, it belongs outside” line. Frankly, it sounds retarded to me when I hear/read that.

My Raptor sits in a attached garage, next to my wife’s car. It’s too convenient to be able to come home or leave in a rain/snow storm without getting wet with a attached garage.

I was being 1/2 serious when I said that....but unless you got a 3 car or a hanger and/or less "stuff"/toys & no kids.....look at it this way The Raptor is legit one of the biggest/most cumbersome mainstream vehicles on the road today, when you turn it on you get a rock slab landing into a pile of sand & a flashy RAPTOR logo popping up on the front screen, it has fender flares, Ford advertises you can "jump" w/ these things, haul gravel, tow a fishing boat, & then create rooster tails of mud & mayhem right after...for all intents & purposes, "its a truck's truck" - & if we're being completely HONEST w/ ourselves - the pure design & intent of the vehicle is not at all to be concerned w/ getting dirty or cold & being kept squeaky clean in the garage....so all else being equal & given the opportunity to put any other vehicle in a garage that takes up substantially less space & is used less frequently then yeah - for the most part trucks do not "belong" in a garage.....same way I don't think a lawn tractor belongs in a garage lol

I also don't get the "I like to keep it clean" or the "its raining/snowing" argument either unless its just a toy itself & not a primary vehicle - the milisecond you drive OUTSIDE said garage - truck will immediately start getting "dirty", or wet, or snowed on.....as will YOU & your occupants unless you only plan on operating said truck by sitting in it in the garage w/ the radio on idling??

When we get snow storms I park my raptor 6" in front of my garage door, behind that is wife's MDX, behind that winterized/covered Z06 & new waverunner & quad (****** old waverunner & quad are outisde) - open door, drive raptor forward leaving a good section of bare concrete to start plowing/snowblowing from

Bottom line is I think everyone could use a bigger garage