GEN 2 Painting factory beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my white 2019 a few months ago with the bead-lock wheels. Thinking I really want to paint the wheels black. I just love the storm trooper type look of the 2018.
Maybe I should have gone no bead-locks and painted the stock wheels but it’s too late now.
Has anyone done this? I just would like to see what it looks like. I love the physical design of the wheel I just want that contrast with a darker wheel color.
Not sure the grey is dark enough for my liking

Also has anyone painted the standard 19 wheels black yet? Maybe a swap or a sell /trade could be in my future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang no body’s done anything hey I was trying to not be the first

Allan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my white 2019 a few months ago with the bead-lock wheels. Thinking I really want to paint the wheels black. I just love the storm trooper type look of the 2018.
Maybe I should have gone no bead-locks and painted the stock wheels but it’s too late now.
Has anyone done this? I just would like to see what it looks like. I love the physical design of the wheel I just want that contrast with a darker wheel color.

Also has anyone painted the standard 19 wheels black yet? Maybe a swap or a sell /trade could be in my future

If you do end up powder coating the stock deadlocks could you post up some pics? I was loosely thinking of doing the same thing but the slate gray color is growing on me and the hassle of it all i'm not really looking forward to. I have a 19 white also.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you do end up powder coating the stock deadlocks could you post up some pics? I was loosely thinking of doing the same thing but the slate gray color is growing on me and the hassle of it all i'm not really looking forward to. I have a 19 white also.
If I do I for sure will, I won’t do anything until the spring or summer though. I do love the look of the wheels I just want that startrooper look to an extent. Maybe a hood or side graphic will fix my itch

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just get some PlastiDip and try it on one...if you don't like it, peel it off.

Allan

Reaction score
Just get some PlastiDip and try it on one...if you don't like it, peel it off.

Actually, this is a really good idea. If you really like it keep it till the plastidip starts to have issues (chips etc.) then get it powder coated. I don't know how much it is to get power coated but if you are okay with a cast wheel, I know you can get a slick looking set of Methods for just a few hundred a wheel.