Paint touch-up on new delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingexige

Reaction score
I just went to look at my new truck. Arrived at dealer today. The paint on all the fender bolts has been touched-up. The hood latch is bent . There are some hose connections and other hardware that has obviously been manipulated. How can Ford say this is a new truck when it has been taken apart ?!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just went to look at my new truck. Arrived at dealer today. The paint on all the fender bolts has been touched-up. The hood latch is bent . There are some hose connections and other hardware that has obviously been manipulated. How can Ford say this is a new truck when it has been taken apart ?!
Sounds like transportation damage that was touched up. You don’t have to accept delivery until it’s been properly repaired.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

What did the dealership tell you when you pointed it out to them? It's easy to come here and make a complaint, but it would be more beneficial to the community to actually add some useful follow up for those who may encounter a similar issue.

OP
OP
R

racingexige

Reaction score
I told them it looked someone had taken the truck apart, as in, engine replacement. They said "Ford sent it to us as a new truck". I am concerned that this truck was of the ones that the engine replaced. I know it sat in a lot for months. I own a shop that services German cars. When I opened the hood on this truck, it just didn't look a new truck should look. I have looked at other Raptor R's and didn't see these things.

GT4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My silver truck's hood and engine bay are primer colored instead of matching my exterior iconic silver.

Dealer marked it down as an IOU to R&R all defects. Dealer has been great to work with, Ford has been nothing but a disappointment in this buying process though.

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had drips and touch up all under the hood it was terrible I didn’t notice till I got home I had a super high end shop repaint it as I didn’t trust the dealer. Two other quality issues rear bumper plastic and bad leather on driver door.

mclark202

Reaction score
My truck has damaged fender flares from transport. Dealer repainted them and did a great job on them. I was impressed.

Most people don't realize that the majority of these trucks have SOMETHING fixed or touched up before it gets to you. MANY of them have touch ups at the factory before even being sent out. I was lucky and told by an Engineer friend that works at the plant that mine didn't have to go back for anything and that it was rare for that to happen.