Paint Defect....Advise Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory paint jobs are terrible nowadays. It is not just the US carmakers either. Ever seen a Ferrari, especially after they gave Luigi a buffer before leaving the factory? Horrendous!

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had read this thread along with em the rattle thread, I might had reconsidered ordering my raptor last week. A vehicle that costs close to $60K should have near flawless paint and no rattles when you hit bumps. This is 2013!

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I had read this thread along with em the rattle thread, I might had reconsidered ordering my raptor last week. A vehicle that costs close to $60K should have near flawless paint and no rattles when you hit bumps. This is 2013!

It is a Ford and they will have issues. 60k is not really a high dollar vehicle today. The price of a vehicle should not be indicative of a poor manufacturing process in place by the maker. Unfortunately poor paint is prevalent on the Ford Raptors and that issue rest squarely with Ford BUT they sell these truck as fast as they can build them so --- doubt it will change. Mine has enough orange peel that it should shoot orange juice out the tail pipe..:facepalm:

My wife's TTRS paint is absolutey FLAWLESS as was many of all of my previous MB's. My 2012 GT500 has an acceptable not a great paint job but better than the Raptor by far. Ford has some plants that paint much better than others.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Mustang GT, and it has a beautiful paint job. I have seen Raptors with great paint jobs, I think it is the luck of the draw. But $60k is fairly high dollar in my book, and the paint should be perfect for that $$.

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should have seen it when the truck was first delivered, but they didn't so you will have to take it back to them. The paint defects are covered under the 3 yr 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty.If your dealer has a problem with fixing it, contact Ford directly.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue in the same exact place on my GT500. It looked as if they creased the fender during install and went ahead and painted over it anyway, very disappointing. After raising hell about it for weeks they sent a customer service liaison down from Detroit and agreed to do the body work and repaint, but only a partial repaint. The car was Kona blue and had lots of metallic fleck and shadowing effects, I wasn't about to take a blend job and from a half ass body repair guy no less.

In the end I wasn't happy about the paint flaw or my grinding Tremec tranny so I traded her in on the Raptor. Now I have a 2012 Super Duty that appears to have some sort of material under the paint on the roof in two different locations. I'm beginning to think that Ford needs to step up their standards in the paint department. None of these flaws are acceptable on a new vehicle and especially not on their top tier $60K+ vehicles.

Last edited: