PAINT ALL GREY TRIMS TO MATCH BODY COR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ericmeyer24

Reaction score
I’ve got a black Raptor and I color matched all the fender flares, the tailgate appliqué and the extension behind the rear wheels. It looks great. Pretty straight forward for a good body shop, only weird piece is the tailgate appliqué and that’s because it has a slightly grainy finish. Takes a little more work and paint buildup to make it right. If you don’t have an appliqué it’s a piece of cake. Ignore the few dipsticks on here that snivel about how bad it will look, it’s your truck, do what you want.
How much did it run you?

Ericmeyer24

Reaction score
I had all the black bumper and fender trim painted to match my LFG. I think it looks amazing and IMHO gives it a finer look (no hate on the black trim though) and no i dont think it looks like a sport F150 lol, just look at the grille and marker lights and you know its not. Here are some pictures but i can post more later. The work was done by a Woodhouse Ford in Nebraska and they used one of their body shops. They did an amazing job and ecause it was done by them before i bought the vehicle, it is all covered under warranty which is cool. They will have to recalibrate sensors if you do the bumpers though so be wary of that.

Also, if you happen to get PPF from XPEL, they can cover the painted fenders too which is really nice since it protects against rocks and stuff. I dont think they can cover them when they are unpainted.
View attachment 371374
View attachment 371373
View attachment 371376
Looks great, what did they charge for it

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it was $2000 for everything. I made it pretty clear to them I wanted a quality job as opposed to saving money. First time I looked at the tailgate appliqué I had them go over it again.

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, what did they charge for it
I got lucky, basically I asked for it when I ordered the raptor way back when and my sales rep asked the manager who quoted it at $700.

Fast forward to a week before pickup, I brought up that I wanted the color match again and they said they would confirm. He got back and said the body shop quoted something like $2500. I reminded him of our conversation (nothing was on paper) and he said he needed to talk to the manager. He said he wasn’t sure what was going to happen.

He got back to me a day or two later and said since we agreed verbally on $700 way back, they would hold it to their word. So I only paid $700, they ate the cost. I absolutely love these guys and for anyone looking for an honest dealer (which I didn’t even think existed) check out Woodhouse Ford in Blair Nebraska. I will be buying all my Ford vehicles from them even though I live in Texas!

Daniel76

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As has been mentioned...to each their own. I looked at Raptors for over a year before jumping and one of the things that really attracted me to this one was the color matched fender trim. In all of my searching, it was the first one I had seen on the market like that. Whoever did it, did it right.
First night home.JPG

flockofraptors

Reaction score
Don't tell Atkins Ford you hate color matched fenders, that's alot of what they do to their "Indo" Raptors