GEN 2 P0299, P0316, P0365 a few times now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
about 56k miles on the truck now, have had the Whipple Stage 1 kit installed since 4k miles so it's been a while...

P0365 - there has been a lack of voltage detected from the camshaft position sensor B in bank 1 by the PCM within a few seconds of the engine starting.
P0316 - your vehicle's main computer, the Power Control Module (PCM), has sensed a misfire in one or more of the engine's cylinders right after startup.
P0299 - Turbo / Supercharger Underboost Condition

I think the P0365 will need Ford service check
0316 – maybe plugs need regapped to .027? or maybe a broken one? haven't looked TBH
and 0299 – unsure of this?

also, found some rat droppings on top of the engine cover again... last time I had codes they replaced some wiring, maybe rat dinner?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Underboost is concerning. P0365 ... I had the misfire in my Lincoln and ended up with an entire new fuel system practically. Tech had a devil of a time isolating the culprit and tech line said - replace all the injectors, lines, rails... fixed it for sure.

I wonder if a waste gate gave out?

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after i reset it it drives fine for a while, then all of a sudden whomp... it gets down on power :(

wagner262

Reaction score
I’d probably say you have two issues. Camshaft issue is probably causing misfire. Turbo issue is probably separate. Check oil level. If you want you can just throw a Cam sensor in there to see if it fixes it. The rat droppings are concerning. I’d check wiring best you can on that sensor. If that doesn’t fix it more than likely internal issue that I’d let ford look at.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
got a new tune from Whipple, hasn't popped up yet, but still seems like the truck isn't at full potential even with no codes...

maybe it's time for some new plugs...

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles on the plugs?
57k they're the stock plugs, Whipple gapped em to .27 during the installation

I took the truck in for service today, no codes have come up since the re-tune, and the truck runs like a ***** ape! They sure did tweak things!

the dealer found a cracked valve cover, so they ordered one - will take 3-4 weeks to come in though...
crazy enough, there was no oil on the stick, it's been 7k miles since the last oil change, but that seems a bit off... maybe from the cracked valve cover...