Overheating at 500 miles need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly this kind of thing is simply normal... Don't sweat it... It's frustrating but it's under warranty. You should see the face of a man who just bought a 45million dollar jet and it has a MAJOR issues. Before anyone buys a new (or used) jet from me I tell them to EXPECT there to be issues, frustrations, etc. It sucks but it's just reality.

As mentioned let the dealer work it... Seems like it takes a year to work the bugs out of anything, especially a new model year anything.

Same thing in the military. As a military pilot, when we get a new aircraft from the factory, we end up doing a precautionary landing within the first 50 hours due to some failing system.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let us know what they find out. Its frustrating i get it especially after you drop a major coin on a truck and have not even completed break in miles.....

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it out of coolant? Pop hood and search where the leak is and let me know what u find plz. I hope it's nothing major, I'm sure it's not

Matt6951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't get in there to see where it leaked from but there's coolant all over the passenger side.

Matt6951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all , just bought my gen 2 raptor about a week and half ago . Driving from work to home and all the sudden the car alert engine coolant over temperature so I stop immediately on the side of the road . Call ford roadside assist and they are towing it to the nearest ford dealer . This makes me worried about a 70k truck . And no im not a harsh driver . Please help guys ,thanks .

What did it end up being?

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sheesh, these aren't jets or military systems, they are one-in-a-bazillion f-150s with a few differences. there is absolutely no correlation or comparison between the two.

this truck should be pretty bullet proof and reliable. it is really sad and concerning to see people having these types of major and potentially major issues right off the lot.

probably still need to wait a couple more years to see how the reliability of these things pans out. if i had these kinds of warranty issues and knowing how clueless the dealers are, i would not be comfortable at all with the reliability of my truck and what could happen next any minute (and probably while i'm offroad in the desert).