Overdrive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimjrhd1

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum.
I just picked up a 2020 Raptor with 9k miles on it. At high speeds in 10 gear the truck never seems to go into overdrive. It's only showing 2k rpm's. It's like it never relaxes and kind of feels like it is in 4hi, but its not. I actually had it in 4hi and 4lo and everything is work like it should.
I had a 2018 and 2019 fx4 and it never felt like this.
Is this normal for the Raptor?
Maybe it's the low gearing?
Thank's in advance.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum.
I just picked up a 2020 Raptor with 9k miles on it. At high speeds in 10 gear the truck never seems to go into overdrive. It's only showing 2k rpm's. It's like it never relaxes and kind of feels like it is in 4hi, but its not. I actually had it in 4hi and 4lo and everything is work like it should.
I had a 2018 and 2019 fx4 and it never felt like this.
Is this normal for the Raptor?
Maybe it's the low gearing?
Thank's in advance.
Youve never had 4.10’s ? 8-9-10 are all under 1:1 ratio effectively 3 Od gears. Are you sure you havent locked out 8-9-10 with the pad shifters on the wheel? Congrats on the low milage 20.

OP
OP
J

Jimjrhd1

Reaction score
hehehehehahahahahaha nothing like paying new prices for used goods. couldn't wait huh
Honestly, I have been a Ford Employee for 22 years at the Sharonville plant. It's bad enough I can't get A plan on the Raptor. It was best for me to buy a used one for now and get a new one down the road. They gave me a ridiculous amout on trade for my Lariat and Shelby.

raptor556

Reaction score
Honestly, I have been a Ford Employee for 22 years at the Sharonville plant. It's bad enough I can't get A plan on the Raptor. It was best for me to buy a used one for now and get a new one down the road. They gave me a ridiculous amout on trade for my Lariat and Shelby.
isn't that a kick in the balls. after 22 years huh.