Out with the old, in with the Roush!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattyboy86

Reaction score
So I did it! After having a hell of a time with my 2012 blue flame CrewCab and many issues I said screw it, I deserve better than this shit! So I bought a new blue flame Roush Raptor. This thing kicks so much ass, I mean I was already addicted stock but with a leveling kit, 200 more HP and a few other mods I'm totally in love.

Im running Toyo MT 35's and after a little while of engine break in, and being friendly to the gas pedal, I'm getting 12 mpg in town and 13ish on highway. Not too shabby for a super charged ride eh? Well thats not to account for the 7 mpg I get when mobbing through the sand. Anyway, not starting this thread to brag, but to say my faith in this Ford truck has been restored (my first raptor really put me through hell) but this truck is like riding in heaven!

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweetness! congrats! since you've had a regular and now a roush can you tell us the differences in feel 180 extra hp feels? Does the power come on from low or is it higher in the rpm range? is there any throttle lag? how much of that sultry whine is heard when driving?

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one, have had it for a year, and have put 28,000 miles on it.
Just cruising there is not much whine. When you get into it, you can here it. The first time my wife heard it, she thought something was wrong with my truck. If I had a brain, I would have used that as an excuse to do another upgrade. I am pretty sure I could convince her King or Icons could solve an engine whine..
As for when the power comes on, there is a tiny bit of lag, and almost like a torque steer, for lack of a better term. There is not enough lag for me to worry about.
Would I do it again? It a heartbeat.