Out of State Purchase and shipping to CA - Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirt_Crusted_Raptor

Reaction score
Hi everyone... New member here. I have been looking for a while and found basically my ideal spec, great price, low miles. Only problem is that the truck is in Maryland and I'm in CA. Shipping would be about 2K which sucks but is doable.

Truck is certified pre-owned which helps with some concerns. But their is value to seeing and driving the truck before spending 60+K.

I have run across a few dealers now that have been beyond helpful and just come across as honest. This dealership I can't say is not honest but they definitely don't have that "go out of the way" feeling. The truck is the perfect spec though. What are some things that can be done other than flying there to see the truck to assure their is nothing wrong with it. I have already gotten photos and what not. Are their any mechanics that offer an inspection service or trusted third parties that I can hire? I should mention the truck is in Maryland, I would be willing to pay a member here as an option.

Thank you

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find someone on here that lives nearby and send them $20 to go get photos, check it out and test drive it. I've done that on my last 3 purchases out of state