Orvis doggy hammock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, they don't need room to be running all around. Our dog is still a puppy, he's about 45 lbs, and will lay on the front seat floor of her 5.0 even with my legs down there. No room for sprawling out, but the dog shouldn't be romping around the cab anyway while driving. My sisters 80 lb german shepard stays on the floor of the rear seats of her tiny little elantra. She raises seeing eye dogs and thats how they train all their dogs to ride in vehicles, and they're more than happy to do so when trained that way.

You're right as always Reptar... :ROFLJest:

backseat.jpg

You're seriously saying this is enough room for a medium to large dog???

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're right as always Reptar... :ROFLJest:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m312/cboukather/backseat.jpg[IMG]

You're seriously saying this is enough room for a medium to large dog???[/quote]

Next time my sister swings by I'll snap a pic of her german shepard in her car. No they can't sprawl out when they're confined to the floor space, but again your dogs aren't wearing a seat belt, so it's safer for them to be on the floor and not free about the cabin to fly around if heaven forbid something did happen.

And no 6" may not be enough for all dogs, but if the space is the width of the dog they'll be perfectly fine there for a trip in the car. Usually in my truck I would flip the extended cab rear seats up so our dog has more room to lay down on the floor in the back as it's usually always long hour + drives. With a supercrew coming I may not even need to do that depending how big he ends up getting.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
hehe i was thinking about getting one of these but then decided to get a bed cap and a bed rug and just have the dog chillin in the back. My dog loves to crawl up to the front passenger seat and then rest his head on my lap...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hehe i was thinking about getting one of these but then decided to get a bed cap and a bed rug and just have the dog chillin in the back. My dog loves to crawl up to the front passenger seat and then rest his head on my lap...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome looking Boxer!

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my buddy using his Orvis hammock

Attachments

• IMG_1405.jpg
    IMG_1405.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1407.jpg
    IMG_1407.jpg