Norra Mexican 1000 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That dry lake was murder on a lot of cars! Were you guys running the stock Radiator?

Yes, we were running the stock radiator. Had looked at a Ron Davis unit but it got dropped from the list . $$ and time. We wont make that mistake again LOL. It was a hot day, and soft in sections, plus we were geared too high and that was working the motor harder as well. Its all in the details for sure.
Got a list going of mods.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! What an awesome run! Great job guys!!

thanks MotuMute!! We had a blast. Had a list of issues come up but we worked it out and had a good last run of the day into the finish line. Still have to write that all up and add some more photos...been crazy busy since I got back. I will get it done.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The final sections of day four!!

So after we get that truck flipped on its feet we hammer on. This is a very long section, like 104 miles. We are trying to take it easy but still make good time. It was lots of mountain roads twisting back and forth. We still had the GPS on Wiz's side working and the course book. The lack of power steering was keeping me warm and thank god I installed a air supply for the helmet. It really helped to be able to turn it on when I was getting overheated. We made it all the way to mile 82....then she ran out of gas.
6276-dsc-0010.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

wiz climbs up on the hill looking around, trying to get a cell signal, we try to reach our support truck via Sat Phone. We tell every racer that passes to let them know at the finish that we are out of gas and let our support truck know. I end up walking up the road a ways and get a cell signal and get ahold of the support truck. Norra clears them to come down the course and bring us fuel. Meanwhile, while we wait, a local comes up and offers to bring us some fuel. Off he goes and a short while later he shows up with about five gal of gas. He was very cool and would only take what the gas cost, no more. He did not say much as we dumped the can in and took off. We let our support truck know we were on the way...they pulled over to wait for us. we made it quite a ways on very narrow twisty sections that had washouts so tight that I really don't think our support truck would have had an easy time getting past them. We continue on until we run out of fuel...again! Keith and I jump out of the truck and start trying to get contact with Wes in the support truck. There are some chickens running around and one very pissed off pig that we are on his turf. Wiz wants to play with the pig...I advise him against it LMAO. We get ahold of our support truck and he comes on in and gasses us up. We finally make it to the end of the section!!
6277-dsc-0008.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

We had a very short section to the last "Special Stage" , a 20 mile roller coaster ride into San Jose Del Cabo via back trails, sand washes and a concrete river bed...It was a blast and we hammered down as best we could. This section was scored on its own and we are still waiting for NORRA to post up the times so we can see how we did.
We arrive at the finish line, center of town, Lots of folks and music and cold beer to go along with a checker flag. We finished.!! It was a great feeling!!

6278-dsc-0041.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

We hang out and enjoy the sights and sounds. Music playing, drinking beer and talking with the other racers. Lots of folks wanting photos and kids looking for stickers. Mexican music playing and the smell of street tacos filled the air.
6279-dsc-0031.jpg

6280-dsc-0026.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

I think we made some new friends....this little guy might just be racing a Raptor in the Vintage class in 20 years or so!!

6281-dsc-0029.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

One of the best parts of the whole event was everywhere, everyday, there were lots of really cool race trucks running around. The finish area was one of the best spots for seeing cool rigs short of Tech day. This was one bad ass truck!

6325-dsc-0042.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Much to our delight the NORRA guys rolled up and said "Hey, we got your case!!" Somewhere along the way we had tossed our spare parts box out on the trail....can't tell you how super cool it was to have it back! The folks associated with this event are just first class, helpful, friendly and just plain fun to hang with.

6282-dsc-0032.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

There was a little evidence of chaos in the back of the truck LMAO!!!

6283-dsc-0036.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Next stop for the evening and a few days after ...a much earned rest for out support crew and Wiz and I....The Westin. Pools, bars and a beach....perfect!!

6328-dsc-0130.jpg

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so awesome fellas, cant wait to see what you have in store for the next one...

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so awesome fellas, cant wait to see what you have in store for the next one...

Thanks Sitdown, Wiz and I are working hard on our list of little upgrades, think you will like the next version, we will most likely do it in a couple of stages....more to come!

spartanraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Watched every video, love it. I was getting frustrated with the lack of throttle response from the truck. You guys reallyyyyyyyy need some 4.88 gearing.
Also, what were the performance mods? Longtubes intake and tune only?

And were you satisfied with the way the ICON's performed?

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the Gears are on the way...
This should help with throttle response ..
The truck is running S.W. long tubes and a 5 stare tune...There is also a Alpha 1 C.A.I. in the truck..
The Icons performed flawlessly.. As a matter of fact the front end was working so well that we didn't even know we were bending the factory ford L.C.A. mounts as we were flying threw the desert at race speeds..We figard something was happening when both front tires started hitting the fire wall during sharp turns. The truck never took "a hit" where we thought the damage happened all at one time it was just a progression of damage because the shocks were working so well we could out perform the mounts.. All is straight now thanks to Outlaw and reinforcements have been made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free