ordering a 2012 supercrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pros and cons I should know about before I order my Raptor next week. I am planning on all options except for navigation and sunroof. I would like to know some other takes on this.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If possible, I suggest you get the navi. It's really nice especially when you're using the backup camera. I'm not an owner yet but my raptor will definitely have navi. Many think that their phone navi will suffice and in many circumstances it does but the luxury of having that on board navi is incomparable.

OP
OP
R

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a huge wait for nav. You can by an aftermarket pioneer nav that does as much or more for half the price.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would DEFINITELY order Navi. I have it on mine and cannot see EVER having a vehicle without it again. Not only for the nav but for the full sync, DVD player, everything!

DO IT!!!!!!!:peace:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nvm... don't do it cause I don't want to wait if you get the last one :Jedi:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
love the nav, could have done without the sunroof. i never use it and it adds a little wind noise at highway speed.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was 100% against Nav, and was ignoring all you guys saying it was so great because the price is ridiculous. But when I found out no front camera without nav for '12, I finally caved. The straw that broke the camels back lol.

So all I gotta say is you guys better be right about this, or I'm going to expect every person who posted up that nav is awesome to paypal me $10 each to cover my expense of Nav if I don't like it hahaha

I was almost on the edge to order a sunroof though, and just from several posts of either noise or leaking, and past posts on HD sites with them getting stuck open, I decided to save the $1k and put it towards the NAV. I've never had a vehicle with a sunroof, so I won't know what I"m missing lol

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the tailgate step? Is it really useful? The stick looks retarded to me when it's in the up position. But I ordered it anyway along with luxury, nav, and front/rear camera. Glad I skipped the moonroof, especially after reading the posts above.