ordering a 2012 supercrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Personally I'd love to have a tailgate step, would make getting in and out so much easier, for me anyways, always find it a pain getting in and out of the bed of a pickup, but thats just me and my ****** knees lol.

-Posted with my iPhone.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about the tailgate step? Is it really useful? The stick looks retarded to me when it's in the up position. But I ordered it anyway along with luxury, nav, and front/rear camera. Glad I skipped the moonroof, especially after reading the posts above.

the step itself is definitely useful. The handle stick? Probably not as necessary. I think you can just swap that panel out and ditch the handle with a panel from a truck that has no step right? I can see me barely using the handle, but I'll use the step.

mpyle101

Reaction score
the step itself is definitely useful. The handle stick? Probably not as necessary. I think you can just swap that panel out and ditch the handle with a panel from a truck that has no step right? I can see me barely using the handle, but I'll use the step.

Yep, I did just that on the FX4 I recently traded in (ordered the panel online through Tasca). It made the tailgate useful again for putting things on (drinks, bike stuff, your butt...).

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never had a vehicle with an escape hatch, so it's on the order. I also haven't had a vehicle with the bun warmers and now ball frosters???? Yea !!!

I didn't go with the nav because I couldn't justify the extra expense for basically a glorified GPS, but then I found out it stores (downloads) your CD's AND has a interactive weather map so you can see where the rain is at. Thinking I should have ordered it now, but I'd hate to get stuck waiting for something from Japan on a supply problem, so I'm happy about the decision (besides, weather maps and gps are phone aps now, and a whole lot cheaper than the nav). The other thing that turned me off about the nav was the big bright lighted screen at night. I like to drive with the dash lights almost off, so that would annoy the hell outta me. Can't wait.

Also got the old fart tailgait assist option as it would make climbing into the bed a whole lot easier. :waytogo:

Last edited:

MattGuyver

Reaction score
You Nav pushers are going to have to do a better job convincing me. I have 2 weeks to finalize my order but i'm simply not sold on the Nav option.

The Nav unit is $2,500 plus another $525 for front cameras! I can buy a nice widescreen Garmin at Target for $100 that works flawlessly, is easy to update, and I can grab it when I park at the airport and find myself in a rental car or a friend's car. Why do I need a front camera? I'm not going to be rock crawling in this beast or hitching a trailer up to the front of my truck. Rear camera, sure. Also, having weather radar is way overrated and after 3 months they ask you to start paying for a subscription- no thanks. My wife's car has it and we usually turn it off. Are you really going to change course if you see weather coming? I'll save this option for when I buy a flying car. The CD storage is yesteryear- the truck has an iPod hookup along with satellite radio so my CD's will stay in their jewel cases as they have for the past 5 years.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You Nav pushers are going to have to do a better job convincing me. I have 2 weeks to finalize my order but i'm simply not sold on the Nav option.

The Nav unit is $2,500 plus another $525 for front cameras! I can buy a nice widescreen Garmin at Target for $100 that works flawlessly, is easy to update, and I can grab it when I park at the airport and find myself in a rental car or a friend's car. Why do I need a front camera? I'm not going to be rock crawling in this beast or hitching a trailer up to the front of my truck. Rear camera, sure. Also, having weather radar is way overrated and after 3 months they ask you to start paying for a subscription- no thanks. My wife's car has it and we usually turn it off. Are you really going to change course if you see weather coming? I'll save this option for when I buy a flying car. The CD storage is yesteryear- the truck has an iPod hookup along with satellite radio so my CD's will stay in their jewel cases as they have for the past 5 years.
Hey, we don't have to convince you... That just means more for us! :)

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People either love or hate sony navigation. My wife doesnt like it all, she loves the Raptor. But feels the nav is to distracting and busy. I love it, then again I like gadgets and since it is my truck, the 2012 will have it too.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trust me, if it was $250 or even $500 I'd get it because I prefer things 'built-in' rather than cluttering the dash. But $2500???

Am I missing something here?

Nope, you're not missing a thing. 2500 for a built in overpriced distraction. :Grenade: