Ordered a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bdub

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a reply back from the Dealer today:

"Hi Brian,
I have been trying to find a price list like what we talked about. The only thing I am finding is an order guide. Packages seem to be the same as the 2012's. What options do you NOT want? Or are you trying to get it fully loaded? Let me know and I will try to build one. Also, what color for the outside?"

I don't even know how to go about this... I was guessing it would be a little more structured ordering a vehicle upwards of 50k.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a reply back from the Dealer today:

"Hi Brian,
I have been trying to find a price list like what we talked about. The only thing I am finding is an order guide. Packages seem to be the same as the 2012's. What options do you NOT want? Or are you trying to get it fully loaded? Let me know and I will try to build one. Also, what color for the outside?"

I don't even know how to go about this... I was guessing it would be a little more structured ordering a vehicle upwards of 50k.

Well, I'm not "dealer bashing" at all (we all know how the last one who did ended up), but you might try another dealer. I went to like three before I found one I was comfortable with.

Josh

OP
OP
bdub

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really not trying to bash anyone... I'm just a little frustrated with the process, but all and all it is a unique situation trying to order a truck via email 7,000 miles away.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really not trying to bash anyone... I'm just a little frustrated with the process, but all and all it is a unique situation trying to order a truck via email 7,000 miles away.

I wasn't saying you were bashing, sorry if it came across that way, I was just simply saying if this dealer is saying he doesn't have pricing on the 2013's yet you can always try another dealer. The one I ordered mine from was able to log into their system with me sitting right next to him and show me pricing for the truck and all packages/features that I wanted with no problem. Yes it may have been a little bit easier since I was right there in front of him, but I'm sure you can find another dealer that can help.

Josh

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys... Problem is I'm trying to get the 2013 ordered now via internet with a Ford dealership back home. Even with my POA helping out it's turning into a hassle trying to get the truck ordered while I'm in Afghanistan. The dealership isn't giving any info regarding pricing / options yet. I Keep getting emails saying "I'm looking into that for you" but no answers... worst case is I'll have to wait until September to order then sit around and wait for it to show up.

Bdub - assuming ur a civilian contractor. If u r military u need to talk to ENCS the military overseas dealer. They have set prices - good deals.

OP
OP
bdub

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You assume correct, I did talk to them awhile ago (march) they told me I could order being a civilian, but I wasn't 100% sure of when I was going home so I didn't order. Now I'm on a smaller base where the dudes only come every few months if we're lucky. The process is rolling now, the dealership recieved my deposit and should be done as of the 14th. I just haven't recieved a estimated delivery date yet.

OP
OP
bdub

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Officially done! got an email back saying the 2013's were already in production and it should be 4-6 weeks.. I'm not sure how credible that is, considering what I've read on here.... but either way I know it's coming in at some point.... now I get to drive myself nuts reading about it and looking at pics everyday.... Thanks for all the help everyone

OP
OP
bdub

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Code Description
------------------------
X1R F-150 RAPTOR SUPER CAB
UH TUXEDO BLACK
7 RAPTOR
801A SVT RAPTOR LUXURY PACKAGE