Ordered a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I Just ordered a 2012 SCAB Raptor and wondered if you ordered through the dealership if you still had any room to haggle... Right now with all the options (minus graphics) it came out to $51,150.00.

Only reason I ordered is because I've been on the hunt for awhile now and haven't found a SCAB yet and the dealerships are pushy with the SCREW asking upwards of 56k.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Tautog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered and received my truck about 6 months ago now and this was my deal. 2012 scab no graphics no sunroof, all other options included 46400. Seems to me you should have some wiggle room at that price and now your ordering a vehicle that is basically one model year old if you can even order a 12 at this point. Good luck

OP
OP
bdub

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder now actually, I placed the order on the Ford website that said 2012, and it was forwarded to a dealership that I'm working with. Bad part is I'm doing all this from Afghanistan. I just read on another post someone tried to order a 2012 in June and wasn't able to, so I'm guessing this dealership really doesn't know what they're talking about or just in a hurry to get my money before they give me the bad news... Good thing I started checking out the forum... FML

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya best way to get a scab is to order it threw a dealer, and if you find a good dealer they will give ya close to invoice(got mine for $50 over invoice). I got scab wit lux and sunroof was like 47 and i got it for like 42.5

But on a side note welcome to the forum! :waytogo:

OP
OP
bdub

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Maybe the dealership is just trying to track down a 2012.. but the more I look into the 13's the more I want..

Flboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome,
There are some Ford professionals on here who will know for certain, but off of what I read the other day to order a '12 is finished. When I was looking to get my black scab they were really hard to find. Dealers primarily order screws based off demand.

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the order banks for 2012's closed on either 6/22 or 6/26. You can only order a 2013 now. I had a deal going for a 2012 screw but dealer wouldn't give me enough on trade so now will order a 2013 probably this Saturday. That will give me time to sell it and do a courtesy trade when new truck arrives sometime in Nov. According to Randy, the 2013's are scheduled to build on 9/27 for dealer stock, then 2 weeks later will build sold units. So the earliest you will see any sold units will be Nov., or Dec. Could be January but I hope it will be Nov. Randy can verify those dates which could've changed since since his last post.
The only thing I'm not sure I will like is the MFT, but not a deal breaker!

OP
OP
bdub

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys... Problem is I'm trying to get the 2013 ordered now via internet with a Ford dealership back home. Even with my POA helping out it's turning into a hassle trying to get the truck ordered while I'm in Afghanistan. The dealership isn't giving any info regarding pricing / options yet. I Keep getting emails saying "I'm looking into that for you" but no answers... worst case is I'll have to wait until September to order then sit around and wait for it to show up.

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in June I was told the ordering for 12's was over and fortunately I found a 12 scab with everything I wanted or would have ordered in blue. Just got lucky. One dealer told me that the best deal on price for raptors is to do an order and not buy stock off the lot. So good luck and if you can wait a few months I would go for the 13 model and order it exactly the way you want. You are going to love the truck either way!

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in June I was told the ordering for 12's was over and fortunately I found a 12 scab with everything I wanted or would have ordered in blue. Just got lucky. One dealer told me that the best deal on price for raptors is to do an order and not buy stock off the lot. So good luck and if you can wait a few months I would go for the 13 model and order it exactly the way you want. You are going to love the truck either way!

The dealer I went to originally tried to push all kinds of stuff on me that I didn't want so I moved on to another dealer and ordered the 13 the way I wanted it... You'll be happier in the end.