Order date-Pull date-build date and arrival date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

The only way they would guarantee the amount of the trade price they gave me was to Pre-trade my existing truck. If not they would have had to reappraise it at the time of delivery and I didn't want to get ****** around at the last minute. Unfortunately my faith and trust in car salesman has dwindled over the years. This is my 10th. new car purchase and I learn a little more each time.

I hear you, that is my biggest concern too. I told the dealer that when my Raptor gets closer to delivery that they need to give me 30 days notice with a trade guarantee otherwise they can lose out on the trade (thats where the real money is for them anyways) or I was going to sell it privately. And just out of spite, I will sell my truck for the same amount (if I need that quick sell) as the trade just so they can't get it, if they jerk me around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me share this with my friends on the Raptor forum. I think it puts everything in perspective. I have a dear friend I played college ball with that we have stayed in touch with all these years. To make the story short he has pancreatic cancer and his prognosis is about four months. We talk almost every day and he has asked me to give his eulogy at his funeral. It will be like losing a brother. Well this afternoon he was asking me about my 2014 truck and when it will be in. I of course was whining about the wait and how I can't stand having to wait another week etc etc. he pointed out to me he would pay all he has for an extra month. Jesus........ Did that put everything in perspective. I want all of you who wait like me to think about all you have and how lucky you are for your health, your family, your LIFE! It makes thinking about a vehicle just a little more bearable. Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill_C

Reaction score
Well said mudblood. I fall into the same category as the rest of you guys. I too can't stay off this forum and the wait is unbearable. You did put it into perspective though. I guess even though I feel like I have patience as I waited two years from when I dropped off my car in my avatar at the body shop until the day I brought it home, this last month has been the worst I've felt about waiting for a vehicle.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all and best of luck to your friend mudblood.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well said mudblood. I fall into the same category as the rest of you guys. I too can't stay off this forum and the wait is unbearable. You did put it into perspective though. I guess even though I feel like I have patience as I waited two years from when I dropped off my car in my avatar at the body shop until the day I brought it home, this last month has been the worst I've felt about waiting for a vehicle.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all and best of luck to your friend mudblood.

Thank you so much. I pray every night for him and so many others. We just get wrapped up in our own little worlds and sometimes lose perspective of the truly more important issues. I am so thankful for so many things and I hope all of you enjoy your most blessed life. Your truck will be here and in a couple of months you will laugh at yourself for silly complaints about waiting. A famous Dallas Cowboy running back was asked about playing in his first Super Bowl as the most important game. He said "If it's so damn important why they gonna play it again next year"? Exactly................

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 8/23
Pulled ?
Built 11/6
Delivered shoulda been this week but the dealer hasn't called from colorado to tell me so I assume it's there. Still not flying out to get it till january.

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dogknat

What made decide to you order it from Colorado?
It's a dealer that my family has done business with and some friends of mine have bought from there (including Mogo's raptor). So it is a kinda half vacation I'll go out visit family and save (since the price increase) about 2700 off msrp figuring my $112 plane ticket + fuel/hotel to come back to Arkansas still going to come out about 2.3k ahead. That and all the dealers around here suck and wouldn't work with me helped a bit too.

WRAPDUP

Reaction score
Ordered mine the second week in October. Order was "pulled" sometime within the last week or so. No VIN. My dealer told me up front that I was probably looking at a February delivery date, which sounds pretty realistic based on the dates I'm seeing others post on the forum.

JPHay8

Reaction score
Delivered: 12/20/2013
Ordered: 2014 Ford F150 Raptor SuperCrew, Ingot silver with blue accent interior. All options except bead lock capable tires and graphics.
Order date: 08/27/2013
11/27/2013: Notified by dealer that build date is week of 12/09/2013.
Received partial VIN.
Dealer located in Columbus, OH.

Last edited: