Order date-Pull date-build date and arrival date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious to see the sizeable differences in the order dates to arrival dates and there between?

Order date: 11/06/13
Pull date: 12/05/13
Window sticker available: 12/18/13
Build date: 1/10/14
Left Plant: 1/30/14
Arrival date: 2/11/14

Last edited:

HarleyGirl

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
It's going to vary quite a bit, guys that ordered after I did are driving their trucks already.

Ordered mid September
11/14 received an incorrect build date of 11/21
Received a VIN today, so I'll see if it's true when I can print a window sticker.

medic001918

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine on 10/21. Got a VIN finally. Still no build date. Was told it's being "processed." Hoping that with this weeks allocations I can get a build week.

This wait is killing me. And seeing guys who ordered after me taking delivery makes it worse! Trying to be patient. But this is a bad ass truck. And it's also the first time I've ordered a new vehicle. I've always purchased off the lot. Feel good about getting what I wanted. But horrible about having to wait.

Shane

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Talked with my Dealer. He has been around the block on this for many years. He told me there is simply no rime or reason to it. He has seen folks order and get their vehicle in less than four weeks and others wait over two and a half months. He said one year one of his customers ordered a Mustang Shelby GT and it took over four months to get it in the dealership. He said it was slated for transport for almost three weeks. His calls to Ford were useless. I guess we must learn to accept the inevitable and it comes when it comes...................screw that..........I cain't stand the waiting either!!!!!:snoopfacepalm:

D

Deleted member 12951

Couldn't agree more about the wait. My dealer was very upfront with me, said it can take 4-6 months, still want to order? Hell ya.
With 4 more payments on my existing truck, I thought to myself, no problem the wait is perfect and I am in no hurry. But just like others, I am obsessed with this forum and finding more and more I can. I am going to start actually writing down all the Mods I want to do and prioritize to pass time and start purchasing so its out of the way. But man, I am ready to payoff my truck tomorrow if I could get MY raptor the next day!!!

I'll just wait......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll chime in here finally. I ordered my loaded oxford white Super Cab on October 19th. The dealer is well respected in this area and told me up front I was looking at a February delivery date. Maybe January if I was really lucky. The wait seemed perfect actually 'cause my wife's Acadia will be paid off about then and the new monthly shouldn't be much different then the current monthly. Life goes on and I get to live with the coolest freaking production pickup truck I've ever laid eyes on.

I'm still driving my 1990 GMC Z71 4x4 Sportside that I bought new and I've spent literally the past 3 years or so actively looking for something to replace it. Nothing ever came close to what I was looking to get considering the money that new trucks are going for these days. Except the Raptor which in many ways completely defies normal logic when one is considering a new vehicle. The practicality and fun factors are there but the fuel economy always kept me looking. I thought that I'd want to kill myself every time I had to frequently fill the tank. Eventually I came around and said F it all. It's an awesome machine and it'll drink what it'll drink. Besides, I don't drive a million miles a year anyhow so I'm still smiling.

Anyhow, that's my opening rant here at FRF. I'm glad I'm not the only ******* weirdo here as I too have been on these boards almost every day. The wait is really starting to get to me. I've never had to endure a wait like this. The fact that I'm ******* for a Ford when I was never particularly a fan of the brand is yet another milestone. I had a Turbo Coupe back in 86 and that was fun but started to be plagued with electrical glitches before I traded it in on my first GMC. I'm not even hesitating to give the blue oval another shot though. This is truly one of the coolest things that any of the American Big 3 automakers have thought of for a while. The bar has been set pretty high by my GMC but I can already see myself keeping the Raptor at least another 24 years if it stays dependable. These forums are great and I look forward to taking the edge off my wait as well as sharing good times when my chariot arrives!

Last edited:
OP
OP
locktech

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ninjazzed

Well said. That's a long wait so it sounds like it's ok for you. I traded in my 07' F150 and had to do a pre-trade so I'm without a truck until it comes in. So I keep forgetting all the things I used my truck for. Like going to buy a Christmas tree this year. Guess I'll be throwing on top of my wife's new Honda Pilot!

D

Deleted member 12951

Ninjazzed

Well said. That's a long wait so it sounds like it's ok for you. I traded in my 07' F150 and had to do a pre-trade so I'm without a truck until it comes in. So I keep forgetting all the things I used my truck for. Like going to buy a Christmas tree this year. Guess I'll be throwing on top of my wife's new Honda Pilot!

Did you only do that to get more out of your trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
locktech

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way they would guarantee the amount of the trade price they gave me was to Pre-trade my existing truck. If not they would have had to reappraise it at the time of delivery and I didn't want to get ****** around at the last minute. Unfortunately my faith and trust in car salesman has dwindled over the years. This is my 10th. new car purchase and I learn a little more each time.