Online Build Tool Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps more than the $155k (+taxes/fees) TRX I saw at a local dealer. That gives a new meaning to "pay to play."

Luxury Tax starts in January so I see Raptor sales in Canada slowing down a bit lol. Now the big question.. which I'm sure @CoronaRaptor can answer since BC has the lux tax is, does it apply to the vehicle before or after you put a down payment? I'd hope that if I put 25k down so I'm financing 86k that I don't pay the luxury tax lol.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Luxury Tax starts in January so I see Raptor sales in Canada slowing down a bit lol. Now the big question.. which I'm sure @CoronaRaptor can answer since BC has the lux tax is, does it apply to the vehicle before or after you put a down payment? I'd hope that if I put 25k down so I'm financing 86k that I don't pay the luxury tax lol.
Down payment doesnt help, as it is part of your purchase price, but a trade in will lower the net cost which I believe still is the final factor on luxury tax, all taxes, unless they have adjusted that recently.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down payment doesnt help, as it is part of your purchase price, but a trade in will lower the net cost which I believe still is the final factor on luxury tax, all taxes, unless they have adjusted that recently.

F##k lol. And even without the lux tax in AB, the monthly payment calculator makes the purchase even harder to justify.

Screenshot_20210624-090833_Chrome.jpg