OMMFG!!! Where do dealers get these people????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got emails out to 6 dealers with the exact build I want a quote for. One has given me a pretty good quote. Here are my issues otherwise.

[rant]
One dealer hasn't even acknowledged.

One got the color right, but completely missed the whole Raptor part, the asked me what options I wanted for my F150.

Another completely missed the Raptor part (as well as al the options I listed, apparently) and asked me what I wanted for color, auto or manual, leather or cloth. Then when reminded of what I wanted said he didn't have it in stock. Well, DUH. I told him I knew this and wanted to get pricing to order one. His reply was a recommendation to visit the dealership and talk to a salesman so I could learn the ordering process.

There's yet another dealer, WHO I'VE BOUGHT A CAR FROM, that replied and got my name wrong. This dealer mentioned NOTHING about my request. He ONLY said that many of their customers want to trade in a vehicle because the value of their vehicle can determine if they are able to get the vehicle they really want. Then proceeded to ask me to provide the year, make, model, condition, and mileage of my trade-in so they could do some research and get back with me.

[/rant]

I don't think I can visit these people and am glad I haven't wasted my time driving to hear this crap in person. I'd flip the eff out.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
let's face it...you don't even need a HS diploma to sell cars. if you're a convincing liar and don't mind sitting at an empty desk all day, you can sell cars.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got walked out the door after being told that "Driving up in that car, you don't appear to be the kind of person who would purchase a high end truck like a Raptor". My wife drove me up, in her commuter car, which I had purchased at their sister lot.
Their loss.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol - I ran into the same problem. Complete idiots.

You'll find the right one - keep looking.

OP
OP
R

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.

The dealer who got the color right finally got me a Raptor quote. The way I built it on Ford, MSRP was 51915. He told me 54,815, sell for 52,5.

.......yeah. He quoted a crewcab. :banghead:

On another note, the dealer who has been the best help so far quoted me 48,6. Got a quote from the 6th dealer today, who I didn't mention in my first post, for 47,7. That's 4200 off MSRP and includes fuel and advertising fees!!!!

We're getting somewhere now!!!!

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me. There is hugh turnover with sales personnel especially at large dealerships, so don't be surprise if the don't even know how to spell Raptor. Small towns usually are loyal to their sales people so a lot of sales folks will bust their asses to find what you want. Good Luck with dealing with a large dealership. Not saying they are all like that but the majority of them are!

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the feeling... I got the run around, the BS, the complete and utter lies.... AND the complete idiots when looking for my 2012....

Even though I had opted to just get another FX4, I turned to Randy and the transaction was flawless and completely transparent. He has great communication through the entire process and is always just a phone call away. Not to mention the support staff in Poteau is just as awesome. I will continue to buy from Randy as long as he continues to sell! :hail:

Saber22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is very sad when you think about it. It is so simple...all they have to do is treat the customer with respect; be honest and professional, and sell the vehicle at a fair price (yes...we know....we get it that you need to make a profit, but we are not going to pay for your kids college education with one truck purchase...). And this just doesn't go for vehicles.... But that is why we read about all the bad experiences from fellow members trying to buy a Raptor...and yet...the dealerships still haven't realized the fact that with technology today, and how "small" the world has become, we (the consumer) can go virtually anywhere to buy anything at the price we are happy with. Unfortunately, the reality of it all is as what some of you have said...there are loads of unscrupulous people out there. Thank god for places like "FRF"....

OP
OP
R

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaa I LOVE DEALERSHIPS.
Talk to RANDY on the right ----->

Emailed him and got a reply. Thanks!!

.......... I turned to Randy and the transaction was flawless and completely transparent. He has great communication through the entire process and is always just a phone call away. Not to mention the support staff in Poteau is just as awesome. I will continue to buy from Randy as long as he continues to sell! :hail:

Yeah, he's got a good thing going there. But he did tell me to take the deal I was offered (he either can't or just won't touch it). And that was before this latest offer from another dealer.

So....2 of 7 dealers (found a seventh to contact) seem to have their crap together. Sad.