GEN 2 Oil on passenger door, running boards, and rear fender.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fogcitysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh thats completely unacceptable on a new truck, unless maybe its a Dodge. Sorry man, good luck and stay safe with the Hurricane.

Just remembered my neighbor has a new 2018 SD that had the same issue. Turned out was just a bad transmission line. Easy fix and nothing major. Hope its that way for you.

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Personally I would much rather deal with a tranny issue than a motor issue. Worst case the replace the transmission and you are back on the road. Could be something as simple as a bad seal.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad news, dealership just called. It was the transmission fluid that was leaking. They are sending pictures of the leak that I will post. I guess the leak is coming from the bell housing. How concerned should I be about this?

Horrible situation as the dealership is keeping the truck inside for the hurricane until parts arrive, but my wife and I will be stuck with her ford focus for our home.

The truck has 650 miles on it..... I'm starting to get flashbacks of my lemon range rover.

Good news is that the truck will be covered under their insurance if they store it inside where it would be your responsibility if it is parked outside. I made my dealer park my truck inside since they were having issues with wheel theft outside.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, the topic creator is worried about his truck. Both of your peckers are big.

Anyway, one problem doesn't mean lemon. You could get it back and have no further issues. In other words it sucks, but don't panic yet.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
These are the pictures the service manager text me. They said they have to pull the transmission to replace the part that is leaking. It should be fixed next week.

My wife is in the background telling me the truck is a lemon.

Good luck and stay safe.
I hope they have you back on the road soon.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

132k miles on my 2013 no transmission leaks so far.

What were you meaning to contribute to this thread by this comment?