Oil change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Botrod

Reaction score
I've always switched my vehicles to Amsoil and in a few thousand miles thats my plan with the raptor.

I'm surprised all the love for Mobil 1. In my experience it doesn't seem to be the same quality it used to be

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always switched my vehicles to Amsoil and in a few thousand miles thats my plan with the raptor.

I'm surprised all the love for Mobil 1. In my experience it doesn't seem to be the same quality it used to be

OK, I'll bite:

So exactly what has your experience been?

As far as the quality, please educate me on your take with Mobil 1's conformance to API's ILSAC Standard GF-5?
Is the issue a general one related to the current SN rating, or specifically with respect to Ford's WSS-M2C945-A requirement?

Please tell.

Last edited:

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer brah. Keep that warranty intact.

^^^ THIS. My local dealer charges 32.95 for an oil change. Ive always been a hands on type and actually like changing my own oil but why bother when I can have it done for less than what it would cost me to buy the oil and filter. Plus I get the piece of mind that if something ***** up I have the record of regular maintenance done at the dealer.

If the dealer is cheapest... and they maybe, cool. :biggrin:

But having oil changed at the dealer has nothing...nada...zip... to do with "keeping warranty intact". :wink:

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People fail to take into account the time it takes to call dealer, make appointment, show up at dealer, wait in waiting room, drive home. My time is worth more, so I prefer to just do my own oil change in half hour or less at home.

Botrod

Reaction score
Amsoil signature series. My mechanic can't believe how good the Amsoil is even after extended drains.

My comment about mobil1 was based on my mechanics experience over the last few years and some friends in the Camaro world that have their oil tested. That isn't to say it isn't great but I've heard from many say they don't think it has the same quality it once did. To each his own and not trying to start a **** measuring contest over an opinion.