Oil Change Nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyermanbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The flares are not textured. They are paintable but the are a satin (semi-gloss) finish. Not flat. It requires some skill. If you shoot to much satin clear, it'll be to shiny. If you don't shoot enough, it'll be too flat.

Maybe I got "lucky" but mine have a definite texture to them. Not as much as say lineX but you can definitely feel it when you run your fingers over it.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: General manager called me back within 15 mins. Apologized and stressed that they'd do whatever it takes to make me happy. When I told him I didn't want to leave my truck there and have them paint the flare he just reverted to what the service guy said - that they'd need to look at it to see what it needs and probably keep it for the day. In other words they don't have any intention of replacing the flare with a new one. No surprise. Ford service does truly suck as much as everyone says.

Just do the right thing. Forget free oil changes. Get them to install a brand new flare on it because (tell them) you don't want the truck to be painted!

And Ford service doesn't suck. YOUR DEALER's service sucks.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question--did they wash it while it was there? Most of the Dealers here have drive thru car washs on site. Not that it happened when and if it was washed BUT when any of my vehicles go into a Dealer for anything it is written on the W/O NOT TO WASH......

I am more picky about this than most but with the Raptor bad things can happen in a drive thru!!

OP
OP
Truck Wolf

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Question--did they wash it while it was there? Most of the Dealers here have drive thru car washs on site. Not that it happened when and if it was washed BUT when any of my vehicles go into a Dealer for anything it is written on the W/O NOT TO WASH......

I am more picky about this than most but with the Raptor bad things can happen in a drive thru!!

This place doesn't even offer a complimentary car wash, how ghetto is that?? No free donuts or bagels, either...

OP
OP
Truck Wolf

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Name names, help others avoid this dealer.

I'm gonna insist on a new fender flare. If they fight me on it I will post their name here and elsewhere and will never go back there. I'm gonna give them the chance to do right. Told them I'd call monday to set up an appointment as I'm too busy the rest of this week.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No free donuts or bagels, either...

You do know there's a cost involved in feeding people (including employees who always want them) on a daily basis. And you, the customer, pay for that.

I don't want donuts and bagels at a car dealership. I want outstanding service and fair pricing. Otherwise I go somewhere else to get it.

Just get them to put on a new fender flare and be done with it.

Do you know the part number? Do you know your cost? If you do it will help you negotiate with them.

OP
OP
Truck Wolf

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
You do know there's a cost involved in feeding people (including employees who always want them) on a daily basis. And you, the customer, pay for that.

I don't want donuts and bagels at a car dealership. I want outstanding service and fair pricing. Otherwise I go somewhere else to get it.

Just get them to put on a new fender flare and be done with it.

Do you know the part number? Do you know your cost? If you do it will help you negotiate with them.

The boneheads scratched my ******* truck, there's no negotiating at this point. Either they fix their screw up to my satisfaction or they incur my internet wrath!

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Also: Even the dealership where I bought my crappy Honda Civic had free donuts, etc. and a complimentary car wash. This place has a ****** little waiting room surrounded by gift shop items and vending machines. The devil is in the details, Dan, and Ford needs to step up and address their lousy service reputation, imo.