Official Raptor R Modification Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple says they can tune these now and kits are shipping in a few weeks. I would want to see people using them first but 975hp stock motor sounds good to me lol.
Mine is in and finally all parts have arrived. Installation started today I hope.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What P/N did you get and how was the install?

R,
HAP

See attachment for more information, it is the same engine as the GT500, the same performance parts fit. Well, except the oil filter, which is different (wrong in the manual).

LPG system? Your R runs on propane

Correct, LPG. It is about 1/3 of the price of unleaded. Consumption is the same, I have a 120 liter tank fitted in the spare wheel space. On downside the spare is in the bed right now, on longer trips I leave it. On short trips I can take it out, if I need the space.

So, the exhaust smells like an ice fishing shack?

Not really, actually LPG burns cleaner then gas.

Meanwhile the heated steering wheel is also working, it took the parts listed in the forum somewhere. Works flawlesly.

Attachments

• Oil Separator FORDINSTSHTM-6766-A52.PDF
    5.6 MB · Views: 26

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See attachment for more information, it is the same engine as the GT500, the same performance parts fit. Well, except the oil filter, which is different (wrong in the manual).

Correct, LPG. It is about 1/3 of the price of unleaded. Consumption is the same, I have a 120 liter tank fitted in the spare wheel space. On downside the spare is in the bed right now, on longer trips I leave it. On short trips I can take it out, if I need the space.

Not really, actually LPG burns cleaner then gas.

Meanwhile the heated steering wheel is also working, it took the parts listed in the forum somewhere. Works flawlesly.
Where did you find a kit for LPG?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So how many gallon tank do you have?
We had LPG kits back in the 80’s but they were horrible as you lost a ton of power, in the mid 90’s we tried LNG, worked way better but engine designs required all new kit designs and the lost room due to the tank no longer fit worked with all the oil patch trucks. Very cool they have more advanced systems now.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how many gallon tank do you have?
We had LPG kits back in the 80’s but they were horrible as you lost a ton of power, in the mid 90’s we tried LNG, worked way better but engine designs required all new kit designs and the lost room due to the tank no longer fit worked with all the oil patch trucks. Very cool they have more advanced systems now.
120 liters (just above 26 gallons), tank is located in the spare wheel location.
So yes, you will loose space, I have to carry the spare wheel in the bed (or leave it at home for short trips).
Alternatively you can get a 200 liter tank (44 gallons), but this will be in the bed and tooks a lot of space.

Usage is similar to gas (modern injected LPG system).

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
120 liters (just above 26 gallons), tank is located in the spare wheel location.
So yes, you will loose space, I have to carry the spare wheel in the bed (or leave it at home for short trips).
Alternatively you can get a 200 liter tank (44 gallons), but this will be in the bed and tooks a lot of space.

Usage is similar to gas (modern injected LPG system).
Yea, we had the big tank in the bed. Is yours a dual fuel and how about power?