Official R Delivered Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDT-G23

Reaction score
You are buying a Ford not a Mercedes. Does that make it right and excuse Ford? No, it does not! But my 22 37 PP has 2 clunking rear shocks, exhaust rattle, the interior dash rattles and squeaks, and my battery/starter failed and left me stranded in 6 months of ownership. So if they can’t deliver me a $80-90k truck without issues, the Raptor R will not be exempt from those issues when it is built on the same platform. Ford’s QC and customer service is not sufficient for a $50k vehicle much less something over $100k. The rusty rear differentials have been well known on here since Gen 2. Again, it doesn’t excuse Ford, it just highlights Ford’s incompetence.

I know Mercedes (or any manufacturer for that matter) is not exempt from its own issues. But their customer service is SO much better than Ford you can’t even compare the two. It literally doesn’t matter what kind of Ford dealership you go to, they are always out of rental vehicles and you have to act like a **** to get anything done. I wish Ford would implement the Lincoln customer service model on their high end Ford vehicles (or at least give their customers an opportunity to buy into that). There is nothing like the Raptor and I can’t wait for my R, but the service/customer experience side of Ford is brutal. This is coming from a guy that has owned 6 Raptors and has been a Raptor owner for the last decade.
This would be my 7th Ford truck since 2009. I’m quite cognizant of what they turn out. The original statement was “$110K truck or not, you guys bought a vehicle off of an assembly line”. What I’m saying is that most all vehicles come off of an assembly line, even boutique vehicles. The fact that it comes from an assembly line should not, in and of itself, preclude quality-as evidenced by my wife’s MB; in fact, it should help ensure quality/consistency of product-if the materials and process are accordingly up to the task.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would be my 7th Ford truck since 2009. I’m quite cognizant of what they turn out. The original statement was “$110K truck or not, you guys bought a vehicle off of an assembly line”. What I’m saying is that most all vehicles come off of an assembly line, even boutique vehicles. The fact that it comes from an assembly line should not, in and of itself, preclude quality-as evidenced by my wife’s MB; in fact, it should help ensure quality/consistency of product-if the materials and process are accordingly up to the task.
In theory it should, but Ford doesn’t have their stuff together. Bought a brand new Super Duty last year and had an axle issue after driving it home. Also bought a brand new Maverick and had an ambient temperature sensor issue. 4 out of my last 5 Fords since 2020 have had issues right after taking delivery. It’s pathetic.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford does seem to be having a real problem with quality control the past year. Look at the mess this week with their Lightning F150s.
This is the first real issue I've had with a Ford truck since 2017. It's my 5th Raptor, and my 7th Super Duty, never had an issue that has sidelined a truck until my R started leaking oil the day I picked it up.

bigft678

Reaction score
Anyone having transmission issues with your vehicle actually staying in Park even though it says it is in Park???????
R's built in Dearborn so far might be affected by this. This notice is brand new, so not sure how many VINs have been identified or how many more might be added. Sounds like if your truck is affected, you won't be getting it right away after it gets delivered anyways.
Dealer might have to do work on trans. Who knows how long that will take since ford says here in this memo that in "the 2nd quarter of 2023 parts ordering information and repair instruction will be available to support this safety recall"....

If you have yours already, you might want to not park it on a hill.

Oh Boy.
recall.jpeg

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is doing the best they can to pump vehicles out as fast as they can. The deletes, QC issues, etc., are a product of this. Volume/profit>customer grievances.

There is a reason domestic manufacturers were and in many cases still are getting their asses kicked by foreign manufacturers.
They just have the backing of the federal government to lobby and bail their asses out as needed.

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say damn unions and lazy ass American workers b/c they’ve destroyed everything else in this once great country, but many of the foreign makers build here now too. The US makers just don’t care, b/c as mentioned, they know they can get away w it for a plethora of reasons. It’s a shame.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this happened today…

The Raptor R got a little brother today! Flew to Kansas, driving the Mav back to Cali!

#smalltrucksmatter

View attachment 394348
View attachment 394349
View attachment 394350
View attachment 394351
Lol people will probably make fun of us, but I picked up one last summer. Colleagues gave me a lot crap for it, but wanted something to daily on bad winter days and keep the nice vehicles in the heated garage. It’s actually very solid for what it is. Cobb just released tuning for the Mav. Like you, mine matches its big bro as well:
6874D176-F6BB-4054-841B-E0462DE20465.jpeg
DF244A1C-3ECB-439E-95B2-A81AB3EBB87E.jpeg

Last edited: